Aaaand it finally happened :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    My 13-year-old (boy) is obsessed with the Ranger's Apprentice series.

Stuff I remember reading around 9-10ish, or slightly older, so would probably all be age-appropriate for the most part:
    • Little Women
    • Little House on the Prairie (I think there's 8 books)
    • Nancy Drew series (or Hardy Boys - I read some of both!) - I have, however, heard that they've altered some of the books to make her less assertive. WTH?!?
    • Saddle Club series (for the horse-obsessed - apparently they've now made movies of it, had no idea)
    • Misty of Chincoteague series (more for the horse-obsessed)
    • Island of the Blue Dolphins
    • A Wrinkle in Time (series)
    • The Witch of Blackbird Pond (one of my all-time favorite books)
    • Narnia books
    • The Secret Garden
    • Anne of Green Gables series
    • My Side of the Mountain
    • Johnny Tremain
    • Ramona (series)
    • There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom (series)
    • My Teacher is an Alien (series)
    • The Wings of a Falcon (part of a series, another of my all-time favorites)
    • Winter of Fire

Yeah, I was the kid reading while I was walking down the hall, why do you ask?

I feel like you just described my childhood. I would also take books in the car and when it was dark, try to read using the headlights of the car behind us.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

I feel like you just described my childhood. I would also take books in the car and when it was dark, try to read using the headlights of the car behind us.

I did too, until I started getting carsick.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Make sure the Rick Riordan books are the young adult series he writes... there is a series with adults that would be HIGHLY inappropriate for preteen and maybe young teen readers. The ones with Trey Navarre are murder mysteries with various adult topics included.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »

And just to validate what you did, I had my cardiology yearly checkup yesterday. I've lost weight, my labs are looking pretty darn good and my cardiologist (who is chubby, hehehe), told me to "keep doing what you're doing. It's working". That from a cardiologist!

Although I did have to laugh when I picked up the printout they give you of your appt. One line said to "Follow a low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, high fiber diet." I'm sure that auto prints, but it made me giggle. Especially the low sodium. I have to drink salt water to keep my electrolytes in line. Ha! Oh, and my bp was 110/70.

Whew. That's great. I didn't think any cardiologist ever believed the sky wasn't falling!

(He must not have taken sputum and earwax samples.....)