December Chit Chat Board

Options
violet456
violet456 Posts: 674 Member
Hello Ladies (and gentlemen if any currently participating)

Let's have a board for general chit chat and challenges during the month.

My struggles this week are, now that my appetite is back from the flu I am wanting everything. It doesn't help TOM as well, so chocolate is trying to sneak in everywhere.

Overall I think I am doing well, I am hoping to get back into logging now that I am eating more regular.

Three work weeks left before Christmas. The "treats" are starting to show up everywhere, especially at work, as snacks are always free. I'm hoping I can just avoid most, as moderation gets more and more and before I know it, it is well beyond moderation. Next week lunches start to be catered, not sure who will be doing the ordering, but the PC is fairly healthy, so let's hope it is healthy lunches.

Let's hear how everyone is doing/thinking and help each other conquer our goals.

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Great chat idea!!

I am as you seen also struggling with returning from the flu. I am thankfully starting to feel better. My energy lasted right till 2 this afternoon.
    My biggest struggle and always has been is gettingnto the gym. I want to go daiky but my anxiety gets in the way a lot. My friend that i want to go with is being a drag not a boost. I think i just need to get out there by myself and show myself that there is nothing to be bothered about. Tonight i have to take my daughter for new boots but tomorrow i could go.

I am also starting to log again this week. I set a stromg december goal, especially since it is my wedding anniversary, then my birthday and then christmas... Food food food lol!

Violet knowledge is power. You know your weakness and that is a strength.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    hey--hello! Office snacks are not too tough for me, I am a bit paranoid about germs--I just picture who touched that food, and I am done! :-) My struggle is weekends and road trips---I drive a lot to see family on weekends, and have to eat out and the temptation to grab that bag of chips at the gas station---ugh. I try to prepare snacks in advance, but my success rate is still low.
    I do go to the gym many times a week. doing weight machines is OK---no one stares at me or make fun....I even get a few head nods from the weightlifter dudes because I am a regular. What DOES intimidate me is the classes--the cardio/core classes. i am definitely the biggest one in the room, and the least fit. those women look fabulous in there, and here I am in my old t-shirts and clumsy and slow....sigh. but I keep going....I have a goal and the classes are really good for me.
    hope you all have a great week---it's about to get cold in my neck of the woods. (Iowa)
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Never worry about being slow or looking clumsy...you are running circles around the person still sitting on the couch!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I just realized how many typo i made before lol. I do all my stuff on my tablet so sometimes i am typing like mad with one finger and dont realize how many mistakes i make. I am considering getting a keyboard for it.

I wont be able to head to the gym today either. Apparently my son needs sewing supplies for tomorrow and he didnt tell me until last night after we got home from boot shopping. Do we are off material shopping today and i will be making him do a few laps around the store for sure.

We got hit hard with snow so i can also do some shovelling and get in a work out there. Tomorrow is my no bargining (except the week i was sick) gym day and Jordans swimming lessons so at least i will get there.

I have not tried any weignt or resistance training, my doctor is always telling me i need to but its overwhelming for me. I do have weights at home, and should start some weights, there is lots of very specific stuff online.

My trick for road trips when i must buy something, is to buy irritating food to eat, like pistacios i usually give up after awhile.

• alanabanana01
    Options
    For the strength training, I do the machines---so much less intimidating for me---the directions are on the machines and I don't have to worry about the free weights. Irritating foods--lol--too funny!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    We got a huge snow storm so tomorroe i grt to shovel snow after work. If i leave my husband to it he will only clean me a little path and he never actually clears the snow from the driveway. He just pushes it against the fence. He is irritating lol!
    Today at the gym i got 25 minutes at 2mph. Next week i will hit the 30 minute mark and then i want to go to a 1% incline for the 30 minutes. I am going to try and get there on saturday or sunday morning

Hooe everyone had a good day.
  • alanabanana01
    Options
    Hurray for Friday!!!!! Tonight I am getting xmas cards done, getting an early start on weekend cleaning as I am driving to visit my dad tomorrow. Its a 2.5 hour drive each way, and its going to snow....but its my dad :-) I usually swim a mile and a half on saturday mornings, but I will have to move that to Sunday morning. Hope you all have a great day!
  • HLaR79
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dont forget some irritating snacks..lol! Enjoy your drive!!

My husband has promised the gym this sunday and i am going shopping with an 11 year old boy tonight so that shojld be some good work outs!!! My neice turned 18 so we are having a small birthday party for her sunday! And i am goimg to finally finish painting my sons dresser we started to refinish a month ago. Lots of physical activity.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    How long does it take you to swim a mile and a half?
  • alanabanana01
    Options
    I can swim a mile and a half in a little under an hour and a half---about 85 minutes. it gets a little boring, but I have a waterproof mp3 player and I listen to audio books while I swim...
  • alanabanana01
    Options
    driving in the snow was not that fun this weekend, but I had no issues. I did have to go slower than usual, and I was swearing at a lot of people for being idiotic, but it was a good weekend nonetheless.
    I still need to do my christmas cards, maybe tonight. Sigh...the holiday always gets here so much faster than I think it will!
    Happy Monday!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    A waterproof mp3 sounds awesome!!
    Christmas is just next week!! Its crazy to think we are there!!!!

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    I can swim a mile and a half in a little under an hour and a half---about 85 minutes. it gets a little boring, but I have a waterproof mp3 player and I listen to audio books while I swim...

I must look into one of these! I am always just stuck with my own thoughts lol

Any recommendations?
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I do go to the gym many times a week. doing weight machines is OK---no one stares at me or make fun....I even get a few head nods from the weightlifter dudes because I am a regular. What DOES intimidate me is the classes--the cardio/core classes. i am definitely the biggest one in the room, and the least fit. those women look fabulous in there, and here I am in my old t-shirts and clumsy and slow....sigh. but I keep going....I have a goal and the classes are really good for me.

Slow is not a problem at all

• SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    r7fp1y81xfc9.jpeg
  • alanabanana01
    Options
    [/quote]

I must look into one of these! I am always just stuck with my own thoughts lol

Any recommendations? [/quote]

I love my little waterproofed ipods, a company called Audio Flood sells them---I get them on Amazon. They are a bit pricey though, I am getting ready to order a different player, i read a lot of reviews--so hoping it will work too. No matter how good they are, they do not last forever---that chlorine takes it's toll.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This week has been a bad one for treats for me. Each day is a new day. Another kick at the can today to be better.

On the upside, I think the stomach bug has finally left our house. Our littlest one is still not too hot on food, but mostly feeling better. I do see an up on the scale this week as now I'm eating and food is staying, I just hope not too big a back slide.

Cheers
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have not made it to the gym in December at all

Not a single time
  • HLaR79
    Options
    What a week this one has been. I have had almost none stop days. I missed the gym wednesday so i am set to go tomorrow morning.

I forgot to log all week and i think it shows in my weight loss for the week.

Yesterday wa s my 4 year wedding anniversary but my husband was out of town for work so i bought myself a book and read at home, it was nice. This weekend we are going to go for some dinner and a movie, if he comes home!!
  • HLaR79
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I did finally make the gym and i hit my work out goal so i am going to stay at this level for a few weeks until it gets a bit easier, i really had to push myself and i was sore the whole day. When it stops hurting so much i will add to it again.

So this week its my birthday and of course christmas is coming. I have a few lunches to go too but not too many treats on my list. I really like where things are going gym and weight wise so hopefully for another good week.

Hope everyone is hsving a good week.