MFP won't pick up exercise from fitbit until I do at least 15 solid minutes of something.

So if I get on the dreadmill oops now there's a typo for you, If I get on the treadmill and do 20 minutes of anything then MFP picks up exercise neatly all day. If I don't do the treadmill it won't pick it up. Is this standard behavior, is there any way to get it moving without that 15 minutes?

I ask because sometimes I have to work at 7am and the idea of getting on the treadmill at 5am does NOT appeal but I'd like to know where I'm at calorie wise in case of free pizza.

It's a Charge 2 and it's otherwise amazing!

Replies

• Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    You can change Fitbit to auto recognize exercise at 10 minutes. But it should be picking up steps and using them to calculate your calories out even without any recognized active minutes. I find that I get more calories from days that I am busy and on my feet a lot than I do from days with a brisk exercise walk but also lots of time sitting - even when the step counts are similar. Sometimes a lot more calories.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    MFP or Fitbit? You say MFP.

But MFP doesn't pick up any exercise from your Fitbit anyway.

Merely is sent the daily calorie burn for doing math with (and steps for viewing) - and that is more than just exercise calories despite being on the Exercise diary.

Might read through the first section of the FAQ in the stickies for this group.
  • LalaHouston
    LalaHouston Posts: 9 Member
    How do I change the setting to auto please? Thanks