Weekly Post 11.12. - 17.12.2016

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Hmmm...the sun woke me this morning and has now been replaced by clouds and high level fog :s Oh well. good excuse to have a lazy Sunday morning. ;)

Starting with Christmas preparations - wrapping presents today, creating lots of little gift certificates etc.

Also have some work to do for my apartement in the making....choosing where the electrical sockets should be... Next week I'm off to choose everything for my bathroom. Kitchen is pretty much planned and will be awesome.

Might go on my trampoline later. Not sure yet, as I fell with my bike on my way to the barn as the icy road caught me completely off guard yesterday morning. No real injury, but hit the road hard on my left side and still feel the soarness in my upper arm. A light work out might be good though as my run yesterday afternoon did no damage either B)

Off to my wrapping....next week is pretty full and next weekend is our 21st annual Christmas Cookie Baking weekend. No time for presents then.

Have a beautiful 3rd Advent and a wonderful Sunday.

Happy Fasting.

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Your plans for the day/week sound like a lot of fun, @flumi_f !
    As for me, not the greatest fasting week last week, but I basically maintained (down .2). Given my hormones and the holidays, I am going to call that a win. I am hoping to maintain until the hoildays are over and then start back down... permanently.
    I wish you all happy fasting this week!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all, well my efforts are sluggish lately. I start out with great intentions then I forget my focus. Baking is getting in the way! I'm trying to bake shortbread and have 20 or more recipes but none are "perfect"... and of course I taste about 4-5 cookies to decide if I don't like the the recipe!

I did pretty well on my fast last wed and even had a pretty low day on Thursday but since then... nope. I've successfully polished off 2 bottles of wine since Thurs!! Ugggh!!! I need to buy lemons and do my trick of lemon water in a wine glass again!!!

Flumi, the planning for your new home sounds so fun! And your plans for the week keep you busy! Kate I'm with you... maintenance this time of year is a big achievement!!! We're in a real cold snap here and have had snow and expect more on its way! Great, but I can't walk in that. The dog gets her park outing but that's about it. I'm finding walking really helps keep off the tire around my middle so I'm going to have to find an alternate.... like mall walking! Have a good day everyone! :#
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Monday and Thursday are my planned fast days this week. I loosely tracked over the weekend, but after going back to doing what I did before, I'm convinced about what I need to do. The Hawaii weight came off. I'm SUPPOSED to start my cycle, which always results in a loss, however, it's becoming a little more unpredictable. I may be entering perimenopause. At any rate, I'm happy with knowing that keeping it simple with tracking and making small changes whenever possible works!!

Mama, I totally get it. This time of year is so challenging and stressful. I find it hard sometimes to find the Christmas spirit. In fact, my enjoyment comes on December 26 ;) because it's over!!! I'm not as stressed this year...yet!! Ladies, hang in there! Kate, I totally agree with Mama...maintenance is a win and should be congratulated. And Flumi, have a great week! I've got a jam-packed week myself and am trying to figure out how to fit in exercise to stay on track.

Good luck, friends!!
  • megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Day one of week #6 doing 5:2. Struggling with overeating on non fast days. It is sooo hard this time of year. But I am persevering! We all are! Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Two fasts in last week and mostly through today's. Leftover veggie soup for dinner. Great job everyone. I'm trying to fill up on whole foods so I am not as tempted by the holiday treats but one of my kids requested a specific cookie so I want to make those. Flumi, I am so impressed that you were biking in conditions where a road would be icy and I'm sorry you fell. I am a fair-weather gal living in Northern California so biking on icy roads is not for me but I am impressed by your commitment to exercise. I'm on the waiting list for some of Mark Bittman's vegetarian cookbooks from the library so I can shake the routine meals up a bit during the next few weeks.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks sanjo. Didn't realize it was icy and always bike to the barn. It was very foggy and below 0....should have known....should have walked . No real damage done, lucky me!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Well yesterday's fast was a bust. Did great until dinner and then 2 beers was all it took. I'm trying for another fast today, despite hating back to backs. But I'm subbing so will be kept super busy and out of trouble. The afternoon will be spent shlepping kids around, so unless I want to start eating the crumbs off the car floor, I should be ok.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday's fast was a bust. Did great until dinner and then 2 beers was all it took. I'm trying for another fast today, despite hating back to backs. But I'm subbing so will be kept super busy and out of trouble. The afternoon will be spent shlepping kids around, so unless I want to start eating the crumbs off the car floor, I should be ok.

:D:D too funny!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Hi guys :)
    You probably don't remember me, my username used to be mrsfitzyv8
    I've come back to the 5:2 wol after finishing my studies. I am now a fully qualified EEN (endorsed enrolled nurse)
    Yesterday was my first fast day after what feels like forever and although I didn't quite get it (728) I'm gonna count that as a win. I was fine until I ate a small lunch. Then I just couldn't stop thinking about food lol. Next time I'll hold off until dinner I think.
    Today I feel awesome! I'm glad to be back
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Congrats Karen!

Nothing really interesting happened last week. One fast day down, another almost done.

Instead of my usual strength training, I ran both fast days. I might keep it for next week.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Hey, Karen (aka Fitzy) welcome back!!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Fast number 2 was semi successful
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    205 calories up until dinner time. A very small serving of Apricot chicken with rice for dinner. I'm not sure of the calories in that cause my mum cooked it and served it up for me. So yeah I was doing great. Until she brought out the cake and ice cream to celebrate my graduation. Oh well lol
    How is everyone else doing?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    How is everyone else doing?
    My fast days are done. It looks like I'll be ending the day with 200 extra calories for the weekend.

• megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Difficult week of aborted fasts. Praying tomorrow that I maintain control!!!! That will make my week at least break even calorie wise! Ugggg I want to keep my momentum with fasting, must must must fast successfully tomorrow. New at this and I don't have the success under my belt yet and 40 lbs to lose
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Mine too Megellcor! Now off for a horse back ride and then a weekend of Christmas cookie baking with my family.....so probably no exercise and definitely no fasting.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Today ended up being an unintentional fast day lol. Too busy to eat and now it's too late and I'm too tired to feel hungry. But tomorrow is a pre Christmas lunch with my sisters and their kids. So I'll definitely make up for it I reckon