Low carb pizza crust found at WalMart

Sunny_Bunny_
Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
Hello friends!
I haven't tried this myself but my friend/keto convert, texted me that she found this at WalMart and said it was good.
She made herself one pretty loaded up and said the crust wasn't crisp like the one she made for her daughter with just cheese and pepperoni. She thinks she just had too much stuff on hers and that kept it from crisping up.
jb4u7gmw7ja4.jpg

She said this brand also offers bread and muffins but she didn't see the muffins at that store. She found out about them online. I guess the bread is expensive. $9.99 per loaf. She didn't say how much the crusts were.
Anyway, I thought I would share with you all. I know missing pizza is common issue and most aren't satisfied with the crustless version like myself so easily. lol
I know fathead crusts are said to be very good but this is a quick option for those that don't like recipes and junk.
Enjoy!
Keep calm and eat pizza!

Replies

• JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    what is the serving size? Looks to be cut off on the bottom pic. Is it an entire crust, half, quarter slice?

sounds great tho!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2016
    Did she happen to say where they were in Walmart?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    what is the serving size? Looks to be cut off on the bottom pic. Is it an entire crust, half, quarter slice?

sounds great tho!

https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Paleo-Pizza-Crusts-Pack/dp/B01KCW5UUK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481559780&sr=8-1&keywords=mikey's+pizza+crust
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member

sounds great tho!

From the link @Sabine_Stroehm provided, half a crust is one serving.

Other than with frozen foods, I have no idea. Maybe there's a gluten free are in frozen section? I don't know. Can't tell you the last time I ever ventured from the meat and dairy cases! Lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm

sounds great tho!

Other than with frozen foods, I have no idea. Maybe there's a gluten free are in frozen section? I don't know. Can't tell you the last time I ever ventured from the meat and dairy cases! Lol

Heh. I've now read the reviews on amazon, and think I'll pass anyway. :smile:
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member

sounds great tho!

In our store, the Mikey's muffins and English muffins are right by the gluten-free and vegan stuff in the frozen section. I'll have to look for the pizza crusts.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Nice, thanks!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I have tried the Muffins before of this brand. Found them in the freezer section of Whole Foods. The GF section.

6/10.

Bread-like which was what I was looking for in my early LC days...but expensive for what you get and didn't really like the texture too much. It got better when I put butter on it but then again, everything is better with butter lol.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    The ingredients list looks good compared to what's out there, but the muffins I tried by this brand were boak so I wouldn't risk it again.

I need to try the fathead recipe one day though!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    I have tried 2 versions of LC keto approved pizza crusts and they were both disgusting, so I have decided to make the chicken breast one, may not be crispy (but I'm a deep dish fan anyway), but at least I know it will taste good
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    I make a crust, I think I found the recipe on Atkins or another low carb site. Main dry ingredients are almond flour & parmesan cheese.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I have tried 2 versions of LC keto approved pizza crusts and they were both disgusting, so I have decided to make the chicken breast one, may not be crispy (but I'm a deep dish fan anyway), but at least I know it will taste good

Have you tried the Fathead crust? That seems to be the one I hear people talking about the most.