Third trimester and unhappy with how my body is handling pregnancy!

Options
Hi Everyone... my name is Jena and my husband and I are expecting our first child on March 1st, 2017. I have just entered my third trimester and this pregnancy, which has been lenient as far as pregnancy symptoms go, has wreaked havoc on my body's appearance! My weight gain began instantly despite not changing my eating habits and I am struggling to NOT put on too much weight. I have started using my fitness pal to manage my caloric intake and it's been helping a bit.

I am looking for any recommended exercises for the third trimester. It seems my balance, coordination, and flexibility have all but disappeared! I am still able to move freely (for the most part--not waddling quite yet) and still have an okay amount of energy when I return home from work..but I need low impact workouts.

I am also curious on how my fitness pal helped everyone else bounce back after pregnancy. It's becoming a fear of mine that i'll never get to a level where I'm comfortable with my appearance! (I'm sure a lot of first time moms deal with this fear!)

Finally, I'm just looking to interact with people who are in the same boat I am in. My husband does his best to understand and he is wonderful...but his body is not adapting to a growing baby :)

Replies

• bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I did yoga, took walks as often as possible and I just looked up workout videos on youtube. I really like Body fit by Amy, her pregnancy workouts are as easy or hard as you want. And there's another one I used often I just can't remember what's it's called. I just had my 3rd little one in October and I already weigh less then I did before I got pregnant with him. He is my first child I used myfitnesspal during and after pregnancy. My body doesn't look the same as before I had my first child, not even close and I'm honestly still not used to it. I feel sexy and beautiful though.
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Walking, swimming, aquafit, and there are some good prenatal fitness videos available on YouTube too
  • ashleyminnich1
    ashleyminnich1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm due March 8th. I'm walking a few days a week, and considering logging my last few weeks just to keep an eye on things. I'm trying to just stay fit enough that I can pick up running again when baby girl is born without a lot of trouble.
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm due March 8th. I'm walking a few days a week, and considering logging my last few weeks just to keep an eye on things. I'm trying to just stay fit enough that I can pick up running again when baby girl is born without a lot of trouble.

Hi! I'm mostly walking and just starting to log to try to keep my weight gain in the healthy range. I did a lot of walking with my first pregnancy and I think it helped my recovery a lot. There are also a few good cardio videos on youtube that I enjoy doing!
  • amariadavis
    amariadavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look up Moms into Fitness by Lindsay Brin. Her pregnancy and postpartum workouts are awesome!!!!!!
  • amariadavis
    amariadavis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also give yourself grace on the appearance. Your body is housing a baby and it took dang near a year to grow the baby as well as put on the pregnancy weight so it will also take time to lose it as well. It's not overnight for most people even though there are the exceptional few who bounce back immediately like they never even had a baby. Just remember when you look at yourself in the mirror, ponder on the fact that you are carrying a miracle and even after always remember that any leftover stretch marks, lose skin or anything was from growing and birthing a living miracle.