Ok I messed up making this page.....PLEASE COMMENT HERE!!!!!!! So all can see....THANK YOU

Options
onsickmom
onsickmom Posts: 212 Member
I never done a group before and didn't realize I had kinda messed up....Hope all are doing well...If you struggle that's OK too....No judgment here....Only love and support

Replies

• shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Seven days in with no wine, or any other alcohol for that matter. Workouts have improved some just because I feel better.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    @shortchange1 that's great!!!!!!! Keep on going!!!! You got this..glad your feeling good in your workouts....
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear what you do when the urge to drink is so strong?... I try diversion, but lately the urge has been winning.
  • LB30
    LB30 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Today is day 13 for me. My goal is 30 days (maybe more. We'll see). For the first time in a while I heard that little voice say "One won't hurt. Go ahead." I've been ignoring 'her' because I don't like her. And, I'd like to win this little competition with myself. I would also like to hear how others avoid the urge.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    I distract myself....Find a cabinet that needs dusted..Wash dish's....Get out my adult coloring book....I totally understand the craves....Most times you will forget within 5_10 minutes....Or try some meditation on addiction....I find that helpful....Hope any of this helps...Congrats on getting thru another day!!!!!!! Woot
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Another day down...?I'm pretty crabby today...Don't help the toddlers are on a mission and hubby is home....He's my big kid...And eats all day and leaves the mess for me ....just annoying!!!!! Got a drive way with cars that need fixed...his fix is to take my car and leave me junk....Yeh I need to get well!!!!!! So hard to focus.... I'm feeling all this stuff I use to drink away!!!!! Today I feel that way...Just get drunk and make it go away!!!! So I washed up the dish's to distract myself then headed here....See if anyone has commented.... Not yet...Have a great day..Hope you make it sober
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Grateful to wake up again sober!!!! Had a pretty rough night...I've suffered anxiety for most of my life..it's turning into a panic disorder..I may need to get with my doctor about that..Chemical imbalance....This can't be getting sober anymore...Gotta be a brain malfunction....At least I think so....Any of you suffer this???? I've done some reading online but it seems to just scare me worse...I use meditation and soft music or loud fan sounds to help me sleep....I switched to my new laptop because it's not synced with e.mail and stuff that chimes all thru the night....I had to laugh...3 am it started automatic updates...But I was able to drift back off....I'm on day two of no antacids..I been on one every day for many years...I read that they can REALLY damage the stomach worse and keep body from absorbing nutrients like b12..... And that alone can cause anxiety...So I gotta try...So far slot of grumbling in the tummy...As long as I don't get reflux I'm gonna keep trying...Hope your all well.....Staying away from alcohol...Keeping up on your fitness goals...
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Good night from USA....TV time...Hope your all doing well...Woot dec10th. Sober....
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Looks like im all alone in this ........I guess I'm being sensitive !!!! Wishing others would be here daily for support and I able to maybe help another....Day 11 Dec....still sober
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    onsickmom wrote: »
    Looks like im all alone in this ........I guess I'm being sensitive !!!! Wishing others would be here daily for support and I able to maybe help another....Day 11 Dec....still sober

no, you are not alone, and i like hearing how you are doing this. I rarely get on the site on the weekend and this past weekend i was watching our 4 grandkids. 4, 4 and under, so needless to say, i am exhausted. I did have a few beers at a cookie party that i went to. Trying to stay mindful of the situation.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Cookies and beer....sounds heavenly....I understand having little ones...I watch our grandkids all week...4 of them......Maybe that's part of my problem....too much mess and stress
  • shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 14 of no alcohol. My closest call was when my husband wanted to go out for appetizers and a couple of glasses of wine last weekend. I told him no, that I'm taking a break from Alcohol and the first thing he asked was, "For a little while or forever?" I'm still trying to answer that question in my own mind.
  • onsickmom
    Options
    @shortchange1 .....that's GREAT you made your life decision....And if only for that one time it's one time you didn't throw gasoline into your body....Because that's what alcohol really is....poison!!!!! I'm proud of you.....Smiling!!!!!!!!!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Another day done and gone..Must say I got a crave today...I was bored...I use to fill in boredom with drinking too!!!!! Any excuse really...But I distracted myself by pulling off all my bedding and washing It....I forgot all about crave before I knew it....
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Hello world....Hope your all warm and cozy and able to just say no!!!!! No thank-you....I'm sober and plan to stay that way!!!!!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I'm joining in for January!! 3 days in and feeling good (other than these terrible allergies, lol).
  • onsickmom
    Options
    Three days is a great start!!!! Congrats!!!!!!
  • publusher
    publusher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has managed to stay off the booze. It is a biggie and you deserve lots of credit. I think of it like losing a close buddy. You have a gap in your life you need to fill now to stay off it. Cleaning house won't keep you satisfied for long! You will find you have more energy and can get up early once you get your sleep patterns fixed. Why not get a hobby or a dog and go walking first thing? I chose painting and yoga. Two things I couldn't do drunk or hungover. Unless you fill the space left from being sober you will find it hard to maintain. It does get easier. I am 6 years sober now but still never say never. It makes me too panicky! Hanging around with non drinkers helps too. Amazingly, they are actually able to have fun sober!!
  • onsickmom
    Options
    6 years!!!!! That's fantastic.....I love your advise to get up get out get a hobby....Please post more!!!!! Love hearing success!!!!! I'm almost 5 months in and just getting to the point of being able to sleep....Still having anxiety issues...But things are looking up....
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Well, my New Year's Eve plans ended up changing so I've now been sober 45 days. I'm not sure my best friend is very happy about it. Since I'm not drinking I haven't been going to the local breweries with her to hang out and I actually have only briefly seen her once since December 10. I asked her to go on a bike ride with me the day after New Year's since we both had the day off from work but she couldn't. I asked her to go with me to the gym Saturday night (maybe not the most fun but she's been saying she wants to "get in shape") to workout and our kids could swim but all she wanted to do was go out to eat or go to the movies which would then turn in to "let's go grab a beer". I'd love to find some new friends that can have fun doing things other than going to get a beer but I'm an introvert and it's hard enough for me to socialize with people I already know.