Hi to everyone, just joined,this is day 1 for me.

Options
ladynasdaq
ladynasdaq Posts: 21 Member
Hi to all, I am a yo-yo dieter. I have had it with my body weight and I can't stick to Weight Watchers. My top weight was 301 lbs. in the past and weighing 279 lbs. as of now at 8:44 am, 12/16/16, I am determined to lose this weight my way. Hunger is my greatest enemy. When I weighed 301 lbs. in the past, I discovered MFP and went on a 2000 calorie diet. I never got any higher than 295 lbs. but at 279 lbs. as of today, I am very sure that 1600 calories should allow the scale to get me down to goal weight. I know at 1200 or 1300 calories I am too hungry so this 1600 calories which is the amount needed to keep me maintained at 120 lbs. on a small 5 ft 5 in frame is the answer. I also know that was what I ate a long time ago. I have to keep active,walk more which I am doing and let time do its thing.
I don't fit into the mentality of the other groups on MFP. I weigh 100+ lbs. more than they do and also their idea of calories in a day is not making sense to me at all. I saw one lady trying to work a 900-1000 calorie diet. That would be a disaster and so I left the group while the others were praising her efforts.
I know I have a good year to go to put a real dent into the scale but I am hoping someone else has a good year or so to deal with the scale and also might be around my calorie count or higher. I am a RN and work as a Travel Nurse. It's tight to fly by plane and I hat wearing an extender belt on the flight. I am from FL but working in Cali until I go home Nov. 5th and have about 10 weeks to go, plenty of time to drop some serious weight and feel better.

Replies

• jules81
    jules81 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I have a lot of weight to loose at 350lb. I am aiming at eating around 1800 cals a day. My goal is to be at 140 lbs on my 40th Birthday in just over 4 years time. But in a year i would like to have lost a chunk of weight. xxxx
  • Boyer6605
    Boyer6605 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a lot of weight to lose as well. My highest weight was 369 and i am now down to 311.4 and this is the lowest i have been at in over 12 years. I did end up lowering my calories down to 1300, it was a painful week and a half going to bed with a growling stomach until my body finally adjusted to it and now it isn't bad. I sit behind a desk all day so i am not burning much anyhow other then going to the gym in the morning before work. It is a long journey ahead of us but we can do it!! I am going to Disneyland in Feb 2018 and I want to be able to sit on the same seat as my six year old opposed to sitting all by myself because i take up to much room. I am going to make it happen this time and i am the same age as you Jules, 4 years and 2 months until i am 40 and i want to cross go into my 40's healthy and happy. Feel free to friend request me if you want :smiley:
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!!!
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Sounds like a good plan to me. I am currently at 234...highest weight ever was 335. My goal is set at 1775cal/day.