Week 1 Start Date! (PLEASE READ & RESPOND)

Options
finayoun
finayoun Posts: 16 Member
Hey guys,
SO excited you'll be joining me on this early morning challenge! It'll be hard but I know it'll be so worth it! Does anyone has a preference on when they'd like to start it? I am thinking Monday the 26th once the Christmas holiday has come to an end. Plus this will give people time to mentally prepare themselves. (If you're anything like me, this will take some SERIOUS dedication lol). Let me know your thoughts and we will choose an official date! Looking forward to it!

Replies

• solidsoul
    solidsoul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The timing sounds good to me, plus I like starting on a Monday!
  • MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Works for me!
  • pattib1029
    pattib1029 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • Just_Bill
    Just_Bill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds good...I have to have my workout wrapped up by 6 to make it to work on time.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Works for me, although Mondays are my rest days. I generally work out Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday's. Will probably keep that schedule during the challenge but you can start it any day you want. I do suggest everyone take rest days, otherwise you risk injury.

Next question, how are you keeping track of the workouts? We supposed to post them in the group weekly thread?
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I took advantage of daylight saving time to get up at 6 instead of 7 (almost painlessly) but I've been dozing in a bit so it becomes 6:15, 6:30... So my goal is to wake up at 6 consistently during the week. Then I'll push it back to 5:30. I will say that having a bedtime alarm is helpful: http://gretchenrubin.com/happiness_project/2012/02/im-working-on-my-happiness-project-and-you-could-have-one-too-everyones-project-will-look-different-but/
  • Tawna2017
    Tawna2017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Serious dedication checking in! lol See ya'll Monday a.m. for 5:30 jazzercise.
  • Bobbie48421
    Bobbie48421 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Gives me this week to 'practice' getting up earlier. haha
  • finayoun
    finayoun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Bobbie48421 that's exactly what I'm doing as well! Need a little head start!
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My first race is at noon on boxing day, so I'll start on the 27th.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    How do you set yourself up to get up early?
  • annabobanna85
    annabobanna85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also started today 12/27 It was so nice to have that time just for me :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    December 26th, 90 minute workout starting at 10am - day off.. slept in.
    December 27th, 90 minute workout starting at 5:30am

Should be the same for the 28th (5:30am).. 29th will be a rest day, then the 30th (5:30am), 31st, and 1st are all normal workout days, although the 31st and 1st might be late mornings (weekends I tend to sleep in a bit).
  • MelissaH0910
    MelissaH0910 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done. Tomorrow and Friday might be tough because my grandchildren will be here -- small children and early morning workouts aren't a good combo IME, but I'll do what I can.