fitbit, myfitness pal, endomondo

Options
Baby43204
Baby43204 Posts: 123 Member
i use all three apps and i log my food on myfitness pal and use endomondo to log my workouts with a polar chest strap and fitbit for my exercise also. endomondo carrys my exercise info to myfitnesspal so my question is i have my diary set to Enable Negative Adjustments so am i doubling everything or not my diary is open to the public to see if i am or not if i am how should i use all my apps to log. i also have a fitbit charge hr.

Replies

• Feffa
    Feffa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok, folks. My son just gave me a VivoFit (Garmin) tracker. Where can I find a post to get me started with the synching?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Feffa wrote: »
    Ok, folks. My son just gave me a VivoFit (Garmin) tracker. Where can I find a post to get me started with the synching?

Read the FAQ in the stickies at the top of this group.

And realize it's written for Fitbit's - which is the group you are in.

So you are likely to be confused by the info - since you have a Garmin.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Baby43204 wrote: »
    i use all three apps and i log my food on myfitness pal and use endomondo to log my workouts with a polar chest strap and fitbit for my exercise also. endomondo carrys my exercise info to myfitnesspal so my question is i have my diary set to Enable Negative Adjustments so am i doubling everything or not my diary is open to the public to see if i am or not if i am how should i use all my apps to log. i also have a fitbit charge hr.

Enabling Negative has nothing to do with a potential to double anything.

Endomondo makes a workout record on MFP with start time and duration and some level of description (not sure how well they sync workout types).

MFP then syncs that workout over to Fitbit, and it replaces whatever Fitbit came up with for stats for that block of time.

So on Fitbit you may have an Activity Record that shows what Fitbit first came up with for your workout (depends on device and auto-record create), pulled from the daily stats for easier review. Think of it as a snapshot.

That sync in workout from MFP makes a Workout Record that replaced that data in the daily stats - so it's no longer a correct view. Snapshot remains unchanged of course, but the scene it was from changed.
    You can keep it for curiosity sake - to compare what Endomondo said to what Fitbit saw, but only the Endo is in your daily stats.

It's the daily burn that comes back over to MFP for MFP to do math with.

If you want to see what happens with that math - the FAQ in the stickies - 2nd section.

So no doubling.

Only potential is viewing Fitbit original stats, and MFP synced workout from Endo - for the same block of time.

I don't do that kind of syncing - but I do my own Activity Record creation to see the stats, then do my own Workout Record no correct them.
    Notice the differences in the lines. You can edit Activities and add more details, you can only delete workouts.

pfb33hpohraq.jpg