So Disgusted & Disappointed With Myself... Pick Me Up

Options
So the first day of Christmas break started with a party for my 6th graders yesterday. Tons of chips and snacks and cakes and donut holes. Drinks also. I ate one donut hole. Drank water totally. Me and a coworker go out to eat for an early supper. I did good. Seared ahi tuna, veggies and asparagus. I had a bourbon and water with ice. Then came the bad part: he had ordered Cajun seasoned fries. I helped hmy coworker eat a few. Maybe 10. So, now the scale said 220 yesterday morning and 223.4 this morning. I know, I know, scale don't matter. But I am so disgusted with myself. I have not had anything resembling a donut hole or a potato or French fry in 4 months. I am water fasting today. Need a pick me up...

Thanks

Replies

• wimberleybonnette737
    wimberleybonnette737 Posts: 68 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hang in there, we all stumble but we get back up and brush ourselves off. I read a really great post the other day about how when we mess up or make mistakes at work that we learn from them and start over again. Same thing goes for this lifestyle you may hit a few bumps but the road will smooth itself out. Today is a new day. Chug that water and eat when hungry. Fat fast may help too. You will get that weight off (probably mostly water anyway!!) and feel better asap!!
  • aserrano79
    aserrano79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It takes me two days usually to lose water weight when I splurge. It's ok. I repeat! IT IS OK! It will happen and you owned it. You will be fine:) I notice while I'm drinking, I need to eat something super fatty for that dinner to not grab carbs. I do bullet proof coffee the next morning and then just eat egg omelettes for the rest of the day. Also as I side note, DONUTS are my weakness. They are not allowed at my house. Period! The only thing I have truelly banned. So I'm super envious of how you only ate one hole! Way to go! Good luck! You got this!!!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Just been there myself. Water fasted until dinner yesterday. Weight increase gone and I feel a whole lot better today. Don't beat yourself up. Just fix it now.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I hope I have the same results today. Water fasting right now and super cleaning this house. Sweep, mop, vacuum, toilets, tubs, etc. Many thanks you all. Any other tips?
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I had to learn to keep getting right back on the train. I'd rather stall for a couple weeks than gain all my weight back.

It's okay, fbfan, with the problems in the world, our water gains aren't that important, right? It'll go away fast, and start going back downhill.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you are right @kpk54 , I wasn't thinking. My step outside the box was definitely longer and deeper and I needed a kickstart to get started again. I use IF regularly, so my 18 fast yesterday was not much outside normal.

@collegefbfan , just get back on your diet. It will rectify itself soon enough. We have to live!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you are right @kpk54 , I wasn't thinking. My step outside the box was definitely longer and deeper and I needed a kickstart to get started again. I use IF regularly, so my 18 fast yesterday was not much outside normal.

My response wasn't to your response. <3 Just the OP's. Carry on.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    You know it is just a little bit of water and probably the change is stress levels with holidays starting. No biggie. It will fall off again in a few days.

You burned it off with toilet scrubbing anyways. If you want to burn more off, come on over to my place. I've procrastinated cleaning toilets to today. ;)
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Cookies on my end. Ughhh!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It's really not possible to gain 2 lbs in one day by eating 10 fries and 1 donut hole. Give it a couple of days for your body to normalize. Pick up your feet and move forward today and stay on plan and you'll feel better in no time.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yep, eyes only forward! Carbs are sponges for water! Stay on plan and it will be gone! Don't allow this to dictate the foods you continue to choose! You've done great and will continue to do so! Hugs!
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's only water. This experience will help you in the future. You're back in the game already and that's fantastic.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    It's a constant struggle. I have been good this last week - have not eaten any of the things. At work or when we went out. Only thing I've done is had maybe 3 or 4 glasses of red wine last Saturday night, and maybe a bit more cheese than is prudent at my work lunch. Other than that totally on plan. And yet I'm 1.4kg up for the week. It's very frustrating, for sure.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    You know it is just a little bit of water and probably the change is stress levels with holidays starting. No biggie. It will fall off again in a few days.

You burned it off with toilet scrubbing anyways. If you want to burn more off, come on over to my place. I've procrastinated cleaning toilets today. ;)

Today, huh. Come to my house if you want real exercise. :#
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. We all struggle in our own way.

The fact that you recognized the issue and didn't allow one bad choice to turn in to several strung together truly derailing you is something you should be proud of.

I am guilty of the same. I baked with friends this past weekend and saw a 5 pound upswing on the scale as a result of eating the sugar!!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    OP sorry to tell you this, you are only human and you did not even have a big binge so stop beating yourself up! The weight gain will be from the carbs, they are like sponges, sucking up the liquid and holding onto it.

Just get back into the saddle, you'll be fine, just don't keep beating yourself up from a small divination from your woe.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Well thanks folks. Not that the scale is the king of all our successes. I hopped back on the scale arose me noon and it read 220. Total water fluctuations I guess. The thing is and I know you all have been there. I am 30-35 pounds lighter and my face pics look better than I ever thought they would. Even putting back on a pound or two or three frightens me somewhat. I never thought I would have his type of success. I think the first 3 months I was totally pure in my eating and now I have slacked somewhat. Thanks again people.
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site, and I'm struggling too. Yesterday it was three slices of bread with honey! and yes, I was up a pound, even though my overall calorie intake was within my goal. The carb goal was way out of wack of course. Today has been better I think, but I will be back tomorrow for more encouragement from all of you.