Staff Faves - Recipes

It's so hard to stick to a healthy diet this time of year. You want all the flavor without the high calorie counts.

Our team at Avon Fitness have our favorite foods - our go-tos. We'll share with you and we hope you share with us. Tell us what your special dish is. What do you always bring to a potluck, your favorite weeknight eat, or the best healthy snack??

We can't wait to hear your ideas - Because there are only so many times you can eat an apple with peanut butter.

Replies

• jmbrown92492
    jmbrown92492 Posts: 1 Member
    Sweet potato corn cakes
    These great for lunch, dinner, or a quick snack!
    Ingredients:
    3lbs sweet potatoes
    1 cup frozen corn
    2 green onions
    1 large egg
    1/3 cup corn meal
    1 cup breadcrumbs
    Cilantro, cayenne pepper, cumin & salt to taste.
    Poke holes in potatoes, wrap in moist paper towel and microwave until soft. Mash potatoes and mix ingredients in one bowl, let mixture sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Form into patties and pan fry in about 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. They taste great dipped in sour cream, or plain yogurt with some garlic, cilantro, etc....
    This recipe can be modified with regular potatoes if you're not a fan of the sweet ones!
  • jwarwick80
    jwarwick80 Posts: 3 Member
    An apple and peanut butter is ALWAYS my go to snack,but it can get a little boring.

Although I am not abvegetarian, I do tend to go for meatless recipes so I tried these Zucchini "meatballs" and LOVED THEM. Super easy and tasty. I had mine over angel hair pasta but could also be eaten alone. Also they can be made with eggplant.yummmm, Enjoy!
  • iamkatiemartin
    iamkatiemartin Posts: 20 Member
    We are obviously Skinnytaste food blog fans. Never had a recipe from it that I didn't love