Calorie deficit, exercise, technics

Options
So guys, what tecnichs are you using? Balancing macros? Avoiding sugar? Cuting 500c of your TDEE?
I'm currently doing TDEE-1000 and cuting dairy, sugar and gluten.

Replies

• tinycat
    tinycat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing TDEE - 1000 also and trying to cut carbs. Do you think sugar is more effective? Haven't been doing much with balancing macros but I know it helps a lot of people stay more full.
  • cutesaursrex
    cutesaursrex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going tdee -500-800 or so. Working so far. (Lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks so I might be underestimating my tdee though. Not sure. Could have just lost waterweight.) I cut out Dairy and most meat. So somewhat vegan but still eating small amounts of meat because I need the protien. Mainly eating rice and spaghetti because I don't believe in low carb life. Doing some strength training and cardio at the gym when I can.
    I don't really like sweet things but I do notice if I eat something sweet I don't feel full. Like 2 poptarts is 400 cal and they never make me feel full. But like 400 cal worth of pasta and I'm good for hours after.
  • kportmanshark
    kportmanshark Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm going tdee -500-800 or so. Working so far. (Lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks so I might be underestimating my tdee though. Not sure. Could have just lost waterweight.) I cut out Dairy and most meat. So somewhat vegan but still eating small amounts of meat because I need the protien. Mainly eating rice and spaghetti because I don't believe in low carb life. Doing some strength training and cardio at the gym when I can.
    I don't really like sweet things but I do notice if I eat something sweet I don't feel full. Like 2 poptarts is 400 cal and they never make me feel full. But like 400 cal worth of pasta and I'm good for hours after.

Nice m8. I did similar and have had success (TDEE -500/750). When you first start you might drop some water weight but by the end of like week 6 you'll have a very good idea of how much weight per week you are losing. If it is a pound a week you'll know you are accurate on your calorie counting. If it is less you'll know you're underestimating, if high.. etc. etc.

I agree about the sugary stuff. I'm sure there is some science behind that, but, I too find eating garbage food like poptarts doesn't fill me up for long. Also after you are used to eating milder food those will taste absolutely terrible. After not eating a lot of sugar, things that were kind of sweet before will taste /very/ sweet.

Pasta fills me up also, but I find it to be pretty calorically dense - at least the type I eat. Like 200kcal per cup. There might be options less dense though.. I have been sticking mainly to lean proteins and veggies so haven't really researched the lowest calorie pasta.
  • lazu1e
    lazu1e Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    idk if you guys have done it but one working tech I used to use was the day skipping tech.

Weekend:
    >have a normal Saturday, skip breakfast obviously. Never eat breakfast, sleep over it instead.
    >Stay up all Saturday & part of Sunday at like 4:00 am If you can entertain yourself more hours that's even better, I usually stayed up till 8 am or even 10 am.
    >Sleep all Sunday because you will be tired af.
    >Skip all your Sunday meals because you're too lazy to go eat.
    >Wake up Monday
    Success.

You might want to snack during your sleepover so if you ever feel tempted try air-popped popcore low calorie & drink OJ (it's pretty light & has sugars that are going to help you stay up.

Funposting on 4chan, finishing some Steam games or listening to music will keep you up a looong while.
  • jemappellekayla
    jemappellekayla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A technique I'm using is hydroxycut black+ hydroxycut gummies. Gonna buy zantrex skinny stix today.

Good luck today everyone. Stay motivated to see that drop on the scale
  • nwmkurwa
    nwmkurwa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just TDEE-900 + IF

Used to do keto and I don't think it makes a big difference tbh