Anyone starting a Whole 30 Jan of 2017?? Lets do it!!

Options
access2003
access2003 Posts: 11 Member
Lots of old posts in this group... anyone thinking of a Whole 30 Jan of '17? Lets rev this group up!!

Replies

• jgwriternyc
    jgwriternyc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YEs, I will be starting Jan 1st.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    We are starting on the 3rd. :)
  • lcohen316
    lcohen316 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! Starting on the 1st!
  • heathmcdaniel
    heathmcdaniel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Starting on the 1st! I'm in for support and guidance!
  • lifeisshortbepresent
    Options
    I started on the 26th. This is my first Whole 30. I ordered the book but added the audible, which was a great decision! I just finished listening to it all the way through. I'm a personal trainer and have for years been tweaking my nutritional choices to be healthier and improve my energy. I have learned so much, but at the same time, I suffer from the same food addictions, habits and excuses that my clients often run into. Every year I feel like I get better at improving my health in different ways. I have removed alcohol in the past for 3 months....removed gluten on multiple ocassions in the past for months at a time (which always makes me feel better) but this is my first time doing it all. I cannot say enough positive things about the program thus far. I have a ton of great energy and I feel "lighter" if that makes sense...lighter in body and mind. Stress is not affecting me like it usually does, my head feels clear and I don't feel discombobulated like I usually do. I am not bloated and my pants are not cutting into me like they were before I started. (I refused to buy larger!!) Day 3 was weird and foggy. I felt like I do when I take Nyquil. I was a little out of it and disconnected and even my husband noticed my lack of conversation and distance. I'm sure that was withdrawal from sugar since I was eating baked goods for weeks on end and that is not a normal part of my everyday diet. I took the advice of the book and took before pics....in "nice" lighting and then again in "WTF happened to my thighs" lighting and that was a HUGE motivator aside from my jacked up digestive disorders. I saw a gastro MD on Wednesday and they had never heard of the Whole 30 ....so my goal is to do this for 30 days and see if my woes disappear (which I believe they will) and then go back again in a month or two and talk to them about the program. If they can tell their patients about it...it could make a huge impact. I want to avoid the surgery that they are recommending because it's painful and there is a 2-4 week recovery period which is due to the pain and discomfort of the surgery. No thanks. I would rather give up eating foods that could potentially be jacking me up. I know 100% that I can't have nightshades...especially the peppers/curry. They cause me weeks of problems. So anyhow....that's my story. Would love to hear what you all experience and your reasons for doing the Whole 30 and how you found out about it. :)
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Awesome itsuptoyou! I am remembering my why as I get ready to start this. I am starting on the 3rd and woke up today feeling ill so hoping it passes very soon.
  • June4Health
    June4Health Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting on January 10th~I look forward to the journey and the challenge! I would like to lose some weight and feel more energetic.
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i'm starting a Whole100 today. i did a W30 back in september and october, but really fell off the wagon november and especially december. i'm just ready to feel good again. i'm doing 100 days mainly to keep me accountable to myself for a longer period of time. hopefully to NOT go back to bad eating!
  • jaimekbee1219
    jaimekbee1219 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started on the 2nd. I made my first attempt in Oct 2015 but got hit with a bad stomach bug on Day 13 and couldn't find any compliant ways to battle it. I still learned a lot and kept trying to get back into it, but couldn't. Husband and I have been going strong so far this month! - despite both of us being sick this week
  • jaimekbee1219
    jaimekbee1219 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Not sure where the rest of my post went :-/ oh well
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    on day 26 of w200. would like to find like-minded friends
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been ok doing the W30 after gallbladder surgery???