Aldi Finds!

genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Found .19 avocados, not at all ripe but still what a great find! Bananas for .09 a pound (for my hubby) Almond butter for $3.99 And whole
Pork loin for 3.29, marinated too! I <3 aldis

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited December 2016
    Whoa. I'll have to see if that show is playing in the tundra!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    I wonder if that's a nationwide thing....
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    I have begun doing some of my shopping at Aldi lately. The produce seems to be hit or miss from a quality standpoint, but they have other really great finds like frozen wild caught salmon fillets for under $4/lb. I bought the smaller bag first (1 lb) and it turned out they were good, so I bought the larger 2 lb bag last week. Hopefully will have some of that on the grill this coming weekend.

I also like their 99 cent bags of pork rinds. The shredded cheese really does taste just like the brand name stuff but much cheaper. They don't have everything I want/need, but they have enough to make it worth stopping by regularly.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    That's incredible!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    I love Aldi...US markets aren't quite as stringent as in Europe markets but still quality of meat/produce is so much better than any US market. Pricing is great!
  • kimberlyb6682
    kimberlyb6682 Posts: 79 Member
    the aldis by me has the best price I've found so far on grass fed ground beef. I'll have to check out the salmon next time I'm in the neighborhood
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Don't buy their olives (tasteless) or cheddar cheese - it tastes like chalk - well in the UK!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    I got the same pork tenderloin (likely) for half price...twice, a week apart. I think I have 7 or so still in my fridge and/or freezer. I LOVE getting their half price weekend things. I got a good bit of Havarti for $1.50 for 8 oz blocks a while back..... I am still working through the ridiculous purchase of a $1 bag of potatoes (10 pounds, russet) I bought around thanksgiving, I think... LOL It's my go to for cheese, heavy cream (can't afford the not carrageenen stuff anyway), their cream cheese (has more whey that Philly, so more carbs, but not by much and same with their sour cream.)... Their canned veggies for soup, and organic frozen berries are rockin', too.
  • suzc11
    suzc11 Posts: 79 Member
    Best buy in Aldi are the nuts. Here in the UK they place them by the check-out. £2 for a bag of walnuts that would be twice that much in the major supermarkets. Excellent quality.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    We love Aldi Australia. We buy the cheese kransky's all the time. Their garlic prawns are good too. As is their salami, oysters and other meat products. A lot cheaper than the major supermarkets.
  • pjdunning
    pjdunning Posts: 15 Member
    We love Aldi! Lots of low carb finds!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    I love Aldi, their meat is fantastic quality here in the U.K., as I tend to do ZC as much as I can this means my food bill stays reasonable while eating good quality steaks - it's fab
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    I don't know how their regions are set up, but I got my ad yesterday (on the US website, you can find by zip code), and for Southern/Central US, this weekend's half off stuff are:
    center cut, bone in pork chops - $1.49/lb, limit 4
    turkey bacon, $0.98, limit 4
    apples & cereal stuff...

Regular deals that stand out -
    Chicken thighs, $0.69/lb (bone in, skin on) - 5 lb average package weight
    Some good organic produce prices - like avocados $0.39 each, 5 oz spinach $1.49,
    Kettleball set - 5, 10, and 15 pounds - $20
    Other fitness crap
    Shaker bottle, filter pitcher, their brand of a Foreman type grill
    Organic spring mix, greens, marked down maybe 10-20%
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    edited January 2017
    I got these this week, half the price of the ones at other stores.

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member

I picked up some of these also. I haven't tried them yet. Have you? I figured they were cheap enough that if they weren't good, I wouldn't be kicking myself if I threw them out and ate a quick replacement.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    cstehansen wrote: »

I picked up some of these also. I haven't tried them yet. Have you? I figured they were cheap enough that if they weren't good, I wouldn't be kicking myself if I threw them out and ate a quick replacement.

I haven't had them yet but have had the more expensive version from others stores and those were good
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I don't know how their regions are set up, but I got my ad yesterday (on the US website, you can find by zip code), and for Southern/Central US, this weekend's half off stuff are:
    center cut, bone in pork chops - $1.49/lb, limit 4
    turkey bacon, $0.98, limit 4
    apples & cereal stuff...

Regular deals that stand out -
    Chicken thighs, $0.69/lb (bone in, skin on) - 5 lb average package weight
    Some good organic produce prices - like avocados $0.39 each, 5 oz spinach $1.49,
    Kettleball set - 5, 10, and 15 pounds - $20
    Other fitness crap
    Shaker bottle, filter pitcher, their brand of a Foreman type grill
    Organic spring mix, greens, marked down maybe 10-20%

Ugh, pork chops here are about $11 per kg and chicken thighs are anywhere from $8 to $15 per kg. Avocado's when they're cheap are $2 each. Really irritates me given we are a large country covered in farms and produce a great deal of meat here. We are forced to pay the same price as the government can get from China for our meat, not what our meat should actually cost. The outrageous price's are not passed on to the farmers.