Vegetarian/Vegan Eating

Options
ChaleGirl
ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
Hey guys,

Is anyone in this group veggie or aspiring to be veggie. Would be good to post some meal ideas and reasons why people transitioned to plant based eating....

I haven't eaten meat in a few years and don't eat dairy often, although I go through phases. The reason I changed was just part of a journey to better health.

Some of my go to easy vegan meals include, lentil, spinach and squash stew, broccoli, spinach and tofu stir fry, plantain with beans, and jollof rice! I also make spelt bread cheeseless pizzas which are v quick and yummy!

Looking forward to hearing everyone's ideas :)

Replies

• ctevis36
    ctevis36 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This meal plan is how I started eating vegetarian and on a budget. The link I'm sending you in for one person-week four, but you can start anywhere in the plan. I usually mix and match my weeks at this point. If you're cooking for more than just you there's also two-people - week ???. I sometimes do this just for me to add variety. http://plantbasedonabudget.com/plant-based-on-a-budget-challenge-1-person-week-3/
  • Aola23
    Aola23 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bit late but I'm vegetarian! I try my best to eat good, whole foods like fresh vegetables, beans, legumes, nuts, fruit, home baked items and good quality brown bread, and almost forgot whole fats! I don't eat low fat anything as I don't trust them! As I said, I TRY my best but it doesn't always work out for me!!!! I have a big sweet tooth and I have a difficult time with my cravings and a lot of the time I do crumble
  • Amyaustin90
    Amyaustin90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Vegan here, I have an open diary. It's mostly full of tacos, but there is some variety sometimes.
  • Cocoa_Jean
    Cocoa_Jean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I transitioned to vegan about 3 and a half weeks ago, best thing I could have ever done for myself seriously! I would love to get a group going for vegans, even a FB group to get more active with it!
  • rebbswall
    rebbswall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian/pescatarian for about 5 years - my body stopped craving meat so I stopped eating it cold turkey and felt AMAZING, therefore never looked back. I eat lots of produce, my go to is egg on toast for breakfast with some cuke, tomato or fresh fruit, lots of soups, curries, stirfry, pasta...honestly you can make adjustments to make almost anything vegetarian really easily.
  • MissSugarBean
    MissSugarBean Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not vegan/vegetarian, but I do limit my meats to fish & chicken. I recently made what I call "Sassy Vegetable Chili":

Vegetable stock, 3-4 cups
    Tomato paste, 4-6 tbsp
    Canned tomatoes, 1 can
    Sweet potato, chopped
    Green bell pepper, chopped
    Onion, chopped
    Paprika, 1 tbsp
    Garlic powder, 3 tsp
    Cumin, 3 tsp
    Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic, 5 tsp
    Salt, 3 tsp (or to taste)

This is about 10 servings-- dinner for days (or a few days if you have a family)
  • rlmiller216
    rlmiller216 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm plant based - slogan is 'vegan within reason' ;)

Definitely download the app Vegan Amino - its vegan instagram!! The community on there is so positive and amazing. Adding you! :)
  • Restoredvitality
    Restoredvitality Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 37 days Raw Vegan!!! My purpose was to really take my healthy seriously and FINALLY finish what I've started in terms of fitness.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I want to try and be vegan