Celebrate vitamins and shakes vs Bariatric Eating's brand

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Hi! I love Bariatric Eating's line of protein shakes, and have a lot of their flavors. Curious to know if anyone has tried Celebrate's shakes? If so, how was the flavor and texture? Were they filling? Some of the WLS bloggers rave about Celebrate brand.

Also, has anyone tried Celebrate's complete multi? How big were they and how was the taste? Right after surgery I tried Bariatric Advantage chewables and they were HUGE and overly sweet so I returned them. I am taking Bariatric Eating's 3+3 capsules, but they are $45/mo vs Celebrate which is $23. Celebrate also has a capsule and it looks as though I would only have to take 3/day vs 3/Morning and 3/night.

Appreciate any feedback that you guys have. Also going to th to remember to call Celebrate and get their input (which of course I am sure will be favorable but I want to get info on their return policies as well). Bariatric Eating doesn't take returns on consumable products and if you are lucky you may get a $5 product credit. That is one place where BE lacks but I love their products.

Replies

• akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've given up on bariatric vitamins and switched to one-a-day adult gummies, double dose. The only bariatric vitamin I could "stomach" changed their formula, and now gags me.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I can't be of any help here.

I don't personally use the bariatric vitamins. They are super expensive. I take 1-2 Centrum complete multi-vitamins daily, 1500mcg of Vitamin B12 and just other over-the-counter vitamins for my D, Calcium, B1, etc.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I did that previously as well. I felt inundated with pills and found I wasn't spending that much more money, and minimized the number of pills I was taking by going to a complete Bariatric vitamin.
  • mcapote3
    mcapote3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i use flintstone complete multi 2x a day, chewable calcium 2x a day, and chewable iron 1x a day and my levels are normal. no need to spend that kind of money imho.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm a Bariatric Eating customer too. Their stuff is expensive, but i find it was the best tasting, as far as shakes (I too have many flavors) and vitamins. I can't swallow capsules anymore so the 3+3 chewables were good for me.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Stephaniev51697 - I just bought the Celebrate capsules. They have pretty much double the amount of what the BE 3+3 has (I take the capsule form), and theirs are smaller and you only need 3/day vs 3 in the morning and 3 at night. I am finding that it is becoming more difficult to swallow them but am afraid of chewables for the taste. Just after surgery I tried Bariatric Advantage's chewables and they were HUGE and way too sweet so I returned them.

How do The BE chewables taste and about how large are they? Which shakes do you like?

At first I hated the texture of Mexican Hot Chocolate but now I love it, Cafe Bella is awesome, and I have the Pumpkin Pie and Blueberry Cheesecake which are also good. I bought the Gingersnap which was nasty so I gave it to a friend who likes that very strong spicy flavor. Wanted the Buttermint but didn't want to spend he money if I hated it. I really loved their ready to drink so hopefully they find a new manufacturer, and their protein crunchers are awesome.

I know Celebrate products also get good reviews and they have a Cookies and cream and chocolate mint shake which I am curious about.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Options
    @jcavanna2 - The BE orange chewables aren't that big, they're about the size of a nickel, they aren't bad tasting or too sweet. I just have a hard time remembering to take them 2x a day.. lol.. I cannot swallow capsules at all, I've developed some kind of gag reflex since the surgery, i'm petrified of choking.. (I know, so weird..)

I only like the Mexican Chocolate in my coffee, it's a different taste... I also have Cafe Bella (which I love), Pumpkin pie (yum), Vanilla Bean, Toasted Coconut, Orange cream, and Peanut Butter cup. I just ordered Dutch Chocolate Cake and the Pom Raspberry mashup and the Blueberry Cheesecake.. I already know I like the Dutch Chocolate cake, havent had the Raspberry or the Blueberry yet. I didnt want to order the Gingersnap because alot of people were saying they didnt really like it. :)

I didnt like the crunchers AT ALL.. The box is still in my closet! The protein cookies from BE were ok, i like them heated up a little bit. I ordered the PB caramel bars, but they came in a little bit melted, so i wasn't happy with them. I am now just sticking with the shakes because i know that i like them, the ones i've tried so far anyway..
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Stephaniev51697 - the Blueberry Cheesecake is really good! I am curious about the Pom Raspberry - let me know what you think. I also want the Dutch Chocolate Cake, Peanut Butter Cup and Chocolate Covered Cherry. I bought the 2 step bars and I wasn't totally in love with them - I didn't see the layers like they show on the website and they are super chewy which could be because they want to have you chew more?

Didn't love the corn chowder - it was a little spicy to me and thin. I wish they actually had a return policy because they really don't allow returns and with what they charge it's a little frustrating.

I did buy the Celebrate all in one capsule. You take 3 for the entire day and they seem to have almost double the vitamin content than BE's. Curious to try their chewables as well because I also developed a weird gag reflex post op. I was just so turned off by the other chewable I tried that I didn't want to take my chances.

If you like Greek yogurt look for Evolve Greek kefir - we had it down here for about 3 weeks and now no one down here carries it. It's available up north though.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Options
    @jcavanna2 - I've been eating the Yoplait Protein greek yogurt. It's prettty good. But I'm going to look for the Evolve. I eat yogurt every day so i like trying new ones..

I was afraid to try the soups from BE, i'm glad i didnt. I hate that they don't have a return policy... But i guess with food you really can't..

• jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 I just ordered tye Celebrate chewable vitamins. I will try and remember to post on here after I try them and let you know what I think. I have been taking several nonbariatric vitamins and I have to chew a lot of them to get the amount I am supposed to. The celebrate chewable seemed to have the highest amounts of what I needed in them. They should be here by this week.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Jamieeldred would appreciate it. Right now I am pretty stocked on capsules but would like to go back to a chewable if there are some that aren't huge and taste decent. I have a hard time swallowing so many capsules now that I am post op.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Options
    @jcavanna2 - blueberry cheesecake and Pom raspberry came in today!!! I'll let you know if I like it!!!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Stephaniev51697 can't wait to hear what you think! I like the blueberry cheesecake. It really curious about the pomegranate raspberry. Hoping it is more like a juice type feel -- I didn't like the syntrax nextar iced tea so hoping that can be an alternative if mixed with water or even ocean spray lite/diet :)
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Update on my celebrate vitamins. I do NOT care for them. I ordered the multivitamin 2 in 1 chewable. The size doesn't bother me but the chalkiness is terrible. Any suggestions? I've been just using the vita fusion gummies from Costco. I will have to keep taking those until I find something else. I was just hoping to find a good bariatric approved vitamin. Also do you track the calories from your vitamins?
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Jamieeldred I don't take chewables so I don't track my vitamin calories. I have used the Bariatric Eating's line called Journey 3+3 capsules which are good but pricy. I bought the capsule version of Celebrate which will be started once I am done with my Journey vitamins. Maybe switch to capsule form to avoid flavor issues :)
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    REGARDING BE PRODUCTS: They look a lot like "ideal protein" products. Can we use those (I have extra from when I was on the program? Or the "Proti" foods? Thanks.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @Elyseinchi either are fine. I really like the BE line but haven't tried the Proti stuff
  • vsteele6
    vsteele6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use Tespo, liquid vitamins. The best thing I have ever discovered. Easy to use and tastes like Tang. www.gettespo.com is their website. I drink a little. They have a video that talks about the product and what they offer, also on U-Tube. I do not buy shakes from anyone on line.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    @vsteele6 if you don't mind my asking, is the Vespo really expensive? I have heard about it? Curious what you find you like better about it than other types?
  • fleebers
    fleebers Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I like Celebrate 3 in 1 powder. I've only tried the black cherry and it's quite tasty. I use mixed with plain water or added to a vanilla protein shake. It dissolves easily. No significant aftertaste, to which I'm pretty sensitive. I like that it includes fiber! Wish it included probiotics, too.

I'm looking forward to trying the Celebrate 4 in 1 as a quick breakfast/no brainer meal.

I have also used Wellesse brand Liquid multivitamin and vitamin D /calcium citrate.
    They are OK tasting.

Cost is about the same for either product. I like the convenience of just one product to take once a day vs 2-3 bottles and twice a day.

I order all of my stuff via Amazon so I can easily return. Typically less expensive but I have prime.