mikehikemike
mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
Yawn...

Replies

• LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Could have used a few more hours of sleep this morning, don't know why; only got up once during night and had slept through movie DW was watching last night.
    Had a little incident a few days ago of overdoing, body may be trying to recover.
    Hope backs, knees, aches and pains are better as we head into new year.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,471 Member
    Options
    It's been a harried week or two. Last week DD was evaluated to donate part of her liver to DS. After two days of testing, they found her liver anatomy is too unusual. Family was to gather christmas eve-eve (Friday) but then several people got a stomach bug they referred to as "the plague". We had to reschedule to tonight-- it's difficult because there's so many of us. Then Monday DS developed internal bleeding, went to the ER and then was admitted. He's still there; although they fixed the problem (swollen veins from portal hypertension from the cirrhosis from the liver disease), he has to stay till tomorrow to receive some IV medication. So we can't do "Christmas eve" with all of us, and we wouldn't all fit in his hospital room. I'm not getting much sleep these days.

Found out last night that three of my other sons and a DIL have also officially signed up to be donors. I'm astonished and proud.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Mike, keeping your family in prayer during this difficult time.

I was up at 4:00 this morning for some reason. Work is on my mind, so came into the office early this morning. I hope that helps. There is just a lot going on at year-end when you are a bean counter.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning Gang~

Mike - so sorry you are all going through this.... Sending T&P's to everyone!

Off to Ortho and PCP doc apps's this morning....

Cheers
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

I pray for you and your family Mike.

Cougs didn't come through last night, but had a great evening with DS and his family. Overdid the pre-game snacks, though.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' gents.

Prayers for your DS, Mike.

Be OP ;-)
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,590 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from SoCal. Wonderful day yesterday enjoying Laguna Beach and 70 degree weather before heading down to San Clemente were we once lived. Back is holding so far on my most active day in many many months . Visiting my M&FIL gravesite today and the family friend who helped us so much last year. 75 predicted today . I fell prey to mindless munching reading the paper & drinking coffee at the breakfast room today.

Mike my heart is with your family and prayers continue for your son.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Oh Mike my heart and prayers go out to you for sure. My DD had her chemo port "fail" several times causing her heart to race over 200 BPM I think. She had it fixed yesterday and so far so good.

Bill I have fond memories of San Clemente and even spent the night there once sleeping on a surfboard in my "misguided" youth.

Sorry about the cougs Dave. Oh well.

Be good and do good gents!
  • tenreps
    tenreps Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone.