Breakfast

Options
I need some Breakfast Idea's Quick - I like English Muffins - but still hungry . . all the time hungry - paired up with Oikos Yogurt - but still want to snack . . - What other protein can I have that wont sabotage me

Replies

• Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do 1 egg 2 egg whites and a ham steak in a bowl
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I keep hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator and have one for breakfast every morning with a cup of coffee. If I feel I need more, I will have a stick of string cheese, a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, or a piece of Baby Bel light cheese. Protein all around.
  • zglouie
    zglouie Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm new to this, but I've been making a 2 egg omelet, with 2 ounces of buffalo chicken deli meat, 0.5 ounces Havarti Cheese and a diced Roma tomato, which comes to 272 calories. If I want a little more substance, I can throw in another egg (70 cal) or add another ounce of Buffalo Chicken Deli meat (25 cal).
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I bake a whole wheat pita cut open with low fat cheese turkey bacon then I load it with fresh tomato, lettuce & low fat mayo. It lasts me till noon 1pm
  • Pixie_95
    Pixie_95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like to have porridge for breakfast which I find fills me up for a while
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of "go-to" breakfasts. I keep hard cooked eggs in my fridge all the time. A couple of them with a couple of pieces of turkey bacon is a common breakfast for me. I also make overnight oats sometimes (with almond milk and greek yogurt for added protein) and will grab and go one of those some mornings. They are good cold or you can zap them in the microwave and take the chill off if you prefer.
  • deedeebaker
    deedeebaker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to have 1/2 cup brown basmati rice with 2 oz low sodium deli turkey, then throw in an egg to make a good portion of breakfast fried rice. Also have 1/4 cup fruit or fruit juice and you have a wholesome, filling meal that will stick with you.
  • wowmanacat
    wowmanacat Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to have 1 egg, fried, some turkey bacon(sometimes real bacon) and a piece of toast(multigrain) Oatmeal with some pecans and fruit(when I have some) most of the time this is between 400 to 500 calories.
  • MiriamJY
    MiriamJY Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 EGG VEGETABLE OMELETTE
    with 2 RASHERS GRILLED BACON
    2 portions of green ( non carb) veg e.g. leeks, spinach, green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes. microwave with lid in a small amount of boiling water. Throw the lot into a fry pan and pour on the beaten egg. I add chopped coriander leaf, fresh grated nutmeg or cinnamon and cook. Can add bacon to the omelette and finish under grill.
    A regular favorite.
  • Laurrr54
    Laurrr54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy cooked oats with cinnamon and cut up apple. Tastes like apple crisp and is high in fibre!
  • LowCarbHighFatNat
    LowCarbHighFatNat Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I make a corn salsa type thing on Sundays. Black beans, corn, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic and a can of rotel. Every morning I have 2 eggs and 1 egg white. Put some of the "salsa" on top with a slice of low fat cheese. Delicious!
  • suelew33
    suelew33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today I had 3 Banquet lite turkey brown and serve sausages - 100 calories and 2 slices Sara lee delightful bread toasted - 90 calories. Sometimes I'll have the Thomas's lite English muffin for the same amount of calories. Before lunch I'll have an apple.
  • troynankreider
    troynankreider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife Protein drink - you can mix the powders together ahead and then just throw them in blender for quick breakfast (I use water or almond milk to mix it with) add about 1/4 cup of berries & ice - there are different flavors and TONS of recipes! The more protein you have the less you'll be hungry - 1 shake is around 33 grams of protein! Add a protein bar in the mid-morning and you'll be good until lunch!
  • moore1
    moore1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Toast 1 rye piece of bread, top with 1/4 small avocado cut into squares. Add to fresh spinach, chopped tomatoes, purple onions and 1 poached egg. From Dr. Phil's book, really healthy and good!
  • sae12
    sae12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just getting up and enjoying my coffee. Will have a protein drink today (using Isopure) add some fruit and veggies.
  • Noel40
    Noel40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also boil eggs on Sunday for the week. I put sliced egg on a piece of multi grain toast or Melba toast. Sometimes with Canadian bacon or a thin slice of cheese. It fills me up until lunch.
  • sookiness
    sookiness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have one cup oatmeal and one half cup no sugar applesauce.
  • BarbVining
    BarbVining Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every workday morning just before I grab my bag to leave for the office I do a quick stir fry breakfast. One example is with fresh organic baby spinach, baby bella mushrooms and leeks. After they are done I cook 1 pastured egg in a little avocado oil and make it "over easy" then put it all in a microwavable carry cup (like a mug with a pop top for venting). I have a 4 mile drive so it's still very warm when I get to the office. If it isn't for any reason, I can heat it up quick in the office microwave. I prefer not to blast my food though :)
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I scramble 2 eggs, mushrooms, spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes with half of an English muffin and coffee with coconut oil.