My Soup/Stew Chart Makes Creating off the Cuff EASY!!! Check it out!

nurselinda8
nurselinda8 Posts: 22 Member
I made this chart because I was running out of ideas on how to eat with my new plant-based only diet (I am NOT eating ANY dairy, meats, animal fats, processed oils or processed food, soy, sugar, GMOs, or starchy veggies: potatoes & corn because of their high glycemic index - Im diabetic). This makes making meals a little of a challenge sometimes....so i came up with a list of basic ingredient TYPES when making a soup or stew. I came up with different examples of each TYPE and they designed this chart to make it easy to follow to put together any soup/stew effortlessly without putting too much thought into it. No matter how you interchange the food items, they all work together to make any stew or soup!!! Directions included in the chart....good luck! Let me know what creative soup/stew you made & how it came out :)o:)

igo5eb1qd9u7.jpg

Replies

• cryptobrit
    cryptobrit Posts: 200 Member
    That is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I suffer extreme fatigue amongst other conditions, having a chart like this for those 'brain fog' times will be so helpful. Although I am not diabetic nor need to miss out carbs, this is so good. I can always add bits I like to this knowing I will always have a good nutritious base. So helpful.
  • Baconismyreligion
    Baconismyreligion Posts: 14 Member
    This is AWESOME! I am new to this Vegan diet and on top of it I am not eating sugars of any kind! I love making soup when its cold out!! Thanks for sharing!
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    Just found this... AMAZING!!!!! thank you for sharing
  • shtoohey
    shtoohey Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you for sharing this! Can't wait to try some.... :)
  • maryar50
    maryar50 Posts: 8 Member
    This is brilliant! Thank you for sharing it with us!
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    I made Turkey Broth with the carcass Sunday and I cant wait to try a few variations with your chart! Thanks again for the great post!
  • Bellipong
    Bellipong Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you so much!
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    This is brilliant, thank you for sharing :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Awesome!
  • skinheaddh
    skinheaddh Posts: 32 Member
    Ty helps me to plan meals
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    You're Sweet! God bless you !
    Thank you for sharing, will be a very nice guide for my meatless days.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Love this thank you for sharing and taking time out! I've recently become plant based as well!
  • nurselinda8
    nurselinda8 Posts: 22 Member
    I continue to use this chart and have come up with even more ingredient items not on this chart, but each time i make a soup or stew....it ALWAYS comes out FABULOUS!!! I am so glad I made this worksheet for myself (and also share it with you all : ) because it helps me not to think about what i am doing....I have always in my fridge, some of these items in various numbers, so i can ALWAYS make some soup/stew of some kind!!! This chart's interchangeability is the key to making any healthy soup or stew....If you want to increase the protein content, you would simply add more of the beans & rice columns content.

Has Anyone out there come up with a really good soup/stew? Tell us all about it and what did you name it??
  • cossmoss15
    cossmoss15 Posts: 509 Member
    Wow! I just looked at your chart in detail - it looks awesome. Seems to have a few ingredients that I would not have thought of. (beets, radishes, water chestnuts etc). Thank you so much for all your work and for sharing this.
  • Alice579
    Alice579 Posts: 767 Member
    I like your chart! Have you found any combinations of spices and ingredients that you don't like?
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    This is great! I am not a vegetarian but I am very conscious about processed foods/ingredients and try to eat as many fresh vegs as I can (especially from my local organic farmers). My mom has type 2 diabetes so I will have to experiment with the list and make a soup for her. Thanks for sharing.
  • dnavarre651
    dnavarre651 Posts: 6 Member
    wonderful. thank you
  • divaweav
    divaweav Posts: 3 Member
    I love this!! I'm with you yogagirlIT (love that handle, it sounds like me too! :smile: ) I always look for ways to be creative healthfully and my mom is also type 2 diabetic and loves making soup...I can't wait to share! Thank you!
  • mjffey
    mjffey Posts: 72 Member
    What a great list. If you don't mind I'll print it. I'm plantbased too.
  • 4rita
    4rita Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks so very much for sharing. I have just printed it out and will be keeping it in the kitchen to refer to frequently. This is great :)