DECEMBER Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
Wow, the New Year is almost here. Make the challenge this month a good one.

Replies

• retirehappy
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My Dec. challenge :
    Planning for the colder weather (clothing & shoes/boots organized and ready to go) and getting in my needed outdoor activities. DVDs ready to go if snow or high winds make it impossible to do outside.

I will continue with my strength training both Body Flex classes and the jessicasmithtv youtube sessions from the fall back to fitness.

I let TRX slip some this past month but for Dec. I will be doing at least a couple of sessions at home weekly.

Do more Zumba dancing to build endurance up, I can easily do half hrs. but need to work back up to being really comfortable with the hour long sessions.
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My December challenge is actually to get ready for my 2017 challenge! I just read this amazing book - Younger Next Year. The goal of the program is to decrease you physiological age by increasing your stamina/strength/endurance/balance with the specific program in the book. Basically, it requires you to do 45 minutes to an hour of cardiovascular exercise at a level of 65% of your peak heartrate, plus two days of weight training. I read this book after seeing an article about it in AARP and I have been really impressed with it. I challenged my brother to do a challenge starting 1/1/2017 with me and in the meantime am getting ready. I was very surprised to find that from mid November until now I went from 3.8 miles in 30 minutes on my exercise bike to 14 miles in 60 minutes! I didn't know I could do that! Yesterday my new Fitbit Charge 2 arrived and this one keeps track of heartrate, which you need to do for this program. So, for the month of December, I am going to work on getting ready for this New Years challenge!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Janet, glad to see you back here. Are you still doing the Whole30 plan? I am doing LCHF, mostly Atkin's protocol. Have stopped losing but my body is changing a bit now so I am trying to have patience.

You are gonna love the Charge 2! I will have to check out that book, sounds good.
    Good luck with this challenge and the upcoming 2017 challenge with your brother.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Hi! It feels like coming home here! lol This time I hope I am ready for it and not just battling health problems! I moved from the Whole30 to Paelo AIP. It works best for my issues.

I put the Charge 2 on for the first time today and walked at the mall. Going to take me a while to get up to my training heart rate, though I have a feeling I can get there on the exercise bike. I want to alternate those 2 things for my 4 days of cardio. I am working on building up to the weights! Now I have to get back into that journaling thing!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    The strength training is going well. Upping the dumbbells for some of it. TRX still not doing regularly. I am trying to up my endurance on the dancing, and not just Zumba, dancing to the oldies seems to work well for me too.

How are others doing?
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    For a week I have been dealing with a crisis that has completely thrown me off program. My dog just spent several days in a specialty hospital almost 3 hours away and nearly died. Now he is home and we are working on recovering for both of us!! For the remainder of the month my goals are to journal daily and get back into the swing of the exercise program that I want to make my 100% training for next year. I want truly hoping for some peace and quiet for the holidays!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Janet, so sorry about your fur baby. Hopefully both of you will be fine as the New Year rolls in.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful for over 2 yrs. of retirement. While my husband has some health issues, we are still together and healthy most of the time. For MFP, since I am going down in weight not up.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely holiday season!

Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

2nr6d7opdk94.jpg
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Cris, always delighted to see your pictures and to hear from you. I'm losing during the feasting season, so no complaints in this corner. o:)

What a stunning tree.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks, re the tree.

I have been very bad and I don't want to talk about it; it's the same old story.

:D

I'm so glad that you're still losing! Go, you!

OK; I will confess this much.

I gave up potato chips completely AGES ago but... I got addicted to hummus and pita chips.
    Talk about anti-low carb...omg

Is there a 12-step program for this??

::::hanging head:::::

:'(

• DreamOn145
    edited January 2017
    Options
    removed post