Weekly Post 25.12. - 31.12.2016

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Last week of the year...

Hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas Weekend with friends, family and loved ones!

Mine included a smaller fest with my mom, my sis and her family on Saturday and a party of 16 on Sunday with cousins and their families. As always my sis, mom, my brother in law and nephews worked as a team to bring a yummy soup, a wonderfully juicy turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies and Christmas cookies a nicely decorated table :)

The whole weekend included more than enough food and wine, but also some exercise and walking with the dogs and family. Today the fog lifted and I went for a run in the sun, when I arrived home mid afternoon. No sign of a real winter yet, but I enjoyed my run at 7°C with the sun in my face. The sky was amazing on the way home!

am438x3y8tjd.jpg

Some plans for this week, but there should be enough time for further running and atm I am planning a fast for Wednesday.

Have a wonderful week!

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    We had a terrific Christmas, but am glad it's over. Even though I don't feel like I ate a ton of junk, my stomach is acting like it has. Perhaps too much wine and food, definitely not enough water. So I'm fasting today and will also plan on Thursday. I'm just beat. Scurrying around cooking and getting things ready can wear a gal out. So today is a rehab day with a short bike ride to Starbucks with my kids. Vegetables with noodles for tonight and looking forward to getting back to normal.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Still have New Years to get through...hope to be back at it then...hope. (my Yoda sub-con, "no hope...only do").

Nice pic Flumi...good one for the banner.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A quiet Christmas for us here, as I am less than a week post cardioversion, but I still ate too much, but most of the spare is now in the freezer for use during the next couple of months, Just starting back on exercise, but again I have to be very gentle. Walk and weights, as they do not put the pulse up too much.

Fasting today and to be honest I am looking forward to it as I defiantly need a break from eating.

Another vote for Flumi's pic to be the banner, as it is a very nice one.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Hey Orlcam!! Nice to see you here!
    Marmite - glad to hear you are on the mend, even if you can't excercise as you wish atm!

Had two good runs already this week! Up for more on Thursday and Friday. And the blip up after the Christmas weekend wasn't too bad, when I weighed myself this morning. Yay!

I will be out and about most of the day tomorrow, thus I have decided to make it a fast day. A fresh batch of veggie-chicken-chilli is on the stove and it will be my lunch and dinner tomorrow... That should get me back to last Saturday's weight and is a good preparation for Saturday's New Year party :p
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Flying home today and yep feeling feeling like crap. Way too much crappy but delicious food over Christmas and waaaaay too much beer and vodka.
    I'm glad to be going home and getting back to my regular 5:2
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Fast day today. Yep didn't happen. My mum brought around lunch and has insisted on cooking us dinner. She was nice and had weighed everything for me though and even kept barcodes for me to log it all.
    Thanks mummy
  • flumi_f
    Options
    That's very thoughtful of her! How sweet.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    The last couple of weeks has reminded me how bad I feel when I eat like an uncontrolled 4 year old. So many family members in and out of here and every one of them wants to go out to eat, plus the two Christmas meals in one day. I am so much looking forward to fasting again! I don't even want to go anywhere near a scale, but I will hop on for my weigh in on Sunday and survey the damage. I hope everyone gets back to normal. Happy fasting!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I feel everyone's pain!! While I don't think they work, I see the allure of a detox. We are still trying to get back to normal food wise, but New Years is right around the corner. Add that to the fact that everyday feels like Saturday with the kids out of school. Honestly, xmasbreak feels like a parallel universe. Another fast day planned today. And I AM going to ballet tonight, which should put some normalcy back into my life. Nothing planned for New Years as my husband is working. So I should be ok with not overindulging too much.

I still feel like the stay-puft marshmallow man in ghostbusters. I don't want anyone coming near me with something sharp for fear I will blow up. On the other hand, it might be the release I'm looking for!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My fast yesterday looks to be the only one this week. I enjoyed reading everyone's stories on here about how the holidays are going. Dinner out tonight with my sister and party at a friend's tomorrow. My exercising has been minimal. I have been reading lots of library books including a bunch of cookbooks. I made a vegan mushroom stroganoff that with some tweaking turned out pretty yummy. Cxiam antauxen, amikojn!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well, my fast yesterday ended in a semi fast...still at 50% tdee. And this morning my scale had the nerve of saying my weight was up 200g. Not believing that....

On the upside the fog has lifted for a few days and I have gone running 3 days out of 4 with no knee or muscle aches.

Back to work and fasting next Thursday. Away this weekend and then again from the 2nd to 3rd.
  • megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well ....I've lost my fast mojo! Going to go for it today. I had very limited fast one week ago then the holidays killed me. 4 days of pretty much gluttony.
    If I can keep it to 700 cal today will call it a success. Coffee for breakfast, apple and miso for lunch and mini flatbread pizza for dinner. This will be 5 days with no alcohol.... and 4th day of eating well, but scale never moves. Glad we can all get back to normal life !
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I'll fast with you today, Meg. Yesterday's planned fast quickly ended after I posted here. For me, overeating breeds overeating and the night before, I ate something late (that never happens) and promptly woke up hungry. NOTHING sounds good. I'm sick of creamy, heavy dishes, but then salad and raw veg doesn't sound that great either. I'm in cooking pergatory :o ! Last night, I finally told my husband a juice fast actually sounds the best. So I busted out my juicer and made some gazpacho juice and it tasted so good. While I'm planning to fast today, I'll make some other juices as well to carry me through the weekend to see if that helps me reset. Honestly, maybe we are all in a carb coma and, coupled with an intense desire for 2016 to be over (Xmas was ruined for me when george Michael died), we've become zombies?? If you haven't seen it, check out the movie Shaun of the Dead and you'll see what I mean.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Next week normality will return megellcor ;-)

A grey and foggy day here, so the motivation to go for a run was reduced :o But I was waiting for a day like this....

I cleaned out my clothes closet and my coat warddrobe as well as the my sideboard and cabinets in my living room. Very necessary and two bags of stuff did not make the cut :p Felt good to finally get that stuff done and I am never motivated to do it, when the weather outside is good.

On the top shelf of my closet are clothes I have grown out of....they shall be my motivation to lose those regained 5kg in 2017. Didn't make it in 2016 but I will in 2017!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Yeah I hear you guys. This year wasn't so good. Next year is gonna be awesome. It'll be the year I start working as a nurse. It'll be the year I finally lose my excess weight or at least get cracking on it and lose a big chunk ( I've got about 30kg or 60 ish lbs to lose)
    I'm lifting weights again and running again ooh and I'm stable with my bipolar. All of this means that 2017 has no choice but to be awesome.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I haven't posted in a while... the loss of my only aunt a week before Christmas just put me over the edge. I can't say that the news made me eat, it's just that no one else ate, so I'm not one to let my butter tarts, mincemeat tarts & shortbread go to waste! I've eaten it all!! I've eaten so much I could explode like Flossy said and I've also consumed way too much alcohol too!! I've measured and I've gained an inch & A HALF to my waist!! Oh dear. Well, I wasn't really counting any calories since the summer so I can only blame myself. I'm definitely feeling bulgy. Time to refocus. Will try to fast today and get back to really fasting, not just low days.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Oh hunni I'm so sorry!!!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    ^^thanks Karen!

Well people, another year is gone and another new one upon us! Here's to sticking with a great group of 5:2rs whether or not we succeed each day or not... it's the long haul, right? Cheers everyone! Happy new year!