Starting a no-added-sugar 10 day challenge today...

Options
pennyo140
pennyo140 Posts: 25 Member
Greetings No Sugar Addiction members!
I hope to become a No Sugar for life member...to accomplish that I'm starting a 10 day no-added-sugar challenge. So far, I have eliminated stevia from my coffee this morning. Shoot...I was going to have protein powder in yogurt for lunch, but I just remembered my protein powder has added sugar!! I'm going to have to substitute something else in it. So challenging!!

Replies

• pennyo140
    Options
    Day 2: I am going to use the chocolate protein powder despite the 2 g of added sugar and here's why -- I am not working right now, so I can't afford more protein powder; it's only 2 g so I'm compromising. Today I was mildly tempted by caramels we were given for Xmas. I will give them away or throw them in the freezer where I won't see them.
  • pennyo140
    Options
    Today, day 5 of my 10 day challenge: I am doing well. Absolutely no overt processed sugar/treats in spite of the cookies, toffee, etc. in the house. When we went shopping yesterday we bought ZERO of the usual sugar treats that we usually get for the non-dieters. If they need cookies I'll make them The Detoxinista's peanut butter chocolate chip cookies made with honey. As for myself, I feel like every day I get stronger for no sugar. The test will be tomorrow at Stitch n *kitten*.
  • pennyo140
    Options
    Day 6 - Tonight is my weekly girls' potluck. Must.limit.wine. No dessert of any kind. I'm bringing kombucha, which is ironically made with sugar. I think the SCOBY eats all the sugar.
  • pennyo140
    Options
    Hey! I completed the 10 day challenge no problem! I accidentally drank 2 sips of lemonade before remembering my challenge. BUT I didn't eat ANY candy, cookies, or anything sweet at all. It hasn't been that hard, so I will continue.
  • pennyo140
    Options
    I ate a few mints yesterday before an interview.