Week 4

Options
crimsongrey
crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
Time to really take things up a notch! I leave for Aiken in 18 days!!
My toe has healed enough that I will start running today, in addition to the rowing and strength training I've been doing already. Healthy foods with plenty of protein will be the nutrition goal.
Hope everyone is doing well and keeping up with their plans :smile:

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Start to a new week and whew, I need an eating adjustment!
    I start the Whole 30 on the 3rd so starting to get my meal plans together
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here we go into week 4. I'm going to mix up my exercise a bit this week. My hubby gave me some snowshoes for Christmas and boy do we have snow to shoe in! There's a snowshoe event I want to do next month too so I need to work up to it a bit.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yay! Finally o my way to the barn
  • tmcoyle
    tmcoyle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I worked out Monday and Wed, ridden Monday and Tues. Wed was my day off, but I had eye appt, hair cut and had to get feed and stopped to visit a good friend on the way home and didn't get home until 10:30. This morning Riata (toy Australian Shepherd) is having puppies, so I'm keeping watch. Once home from work I will be riding 2 of my horses. I'm more motivated to eating right this week and I'm on track. I never eat back my calories when I want to lose. I will concentrate on eating more veggies and higher protein. It is amazing how my body and mind feels better when I ride.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    @tmcoyle did Riata have the puppies?! I love toy Aussies...I grew up with Aussies <3 Also, I agree so much with what you said about how much better you feel when you ride. Unfortunately, I have 2 horses that are currently not doing well. One is retired and the other is having ulcer problems. He had been doing so well and then we had those few days of extreme cold and ice and he had to stay inside. Bam! That's all it takes with him. So, now he's on treatment and is gradually starting to get more comfortable. So anyway, I haven't been riding and that just makes me miserable. With the holidays and my hubby (enabler) home so much, I have not been doing well with my plans. The past couple of days have been better though, so I'm officially back on track :)
  • snookb276
    Options
    @crimsongrey Sorry to hear your horses have been under the weather. Dang cold weather anyway. Glad you are able to get back on track again!
  • tmcoyle
    Options
    @crimsongrey sorry to hear your horses are sick. My show horse who is our cremello stallion has allergies to soybeans and he had a long fall and couldn't breathe, so I know the heartache of treating your horses. Yes, Riata had 6 male puppies, 4 are blue merle and 2 are black tri's and 3 of them have naturally docked tails. They are so adorable!!!

@snookb276 I LOVE snow shoeing, it is such a GREAT cardiac workout and boy you get a leg workout too when you are blazing new trails. I was out once already and loved the quietness of the new snow fall. We are hosting a New Years Eve party at our indoor arena and we are going to snow shoe, have fun games with the kids and then bonfire.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    thanks guys. And congrats @tmcoyle !! I wish I could take one of those puppies!
  • snookb276
    Options
    @tmcoyle That sounds like the perfect way to welcome in the new year! Have fun.
  • tmcoyle
    Options
    Thurs I worked out to eccentric lower, ooooh my hips and buttocks. We are hosting a New Year's Eve family party in the barn, so I'm busy preparing food and games.
  • snookb276
    Options
    Week 4 has been pretty good. I need to refocus on healthy eating and reduce the sweets.