Here is to a New Year! JANUARY!

Options
zumbaforever
zumbaforever Posts: 6,864 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
Just kick it! I am so going to post Paula's list on my mirror. With just say no at the top of mine!

150!

No Excuses!

Shell

Replies

• Momcasciotti
    Momcasciotti Posts: 675 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have been out of the fitness loop for the last couple of months. With the rest of the world I have plans for some changes in 2017! I joined a gym that will let me bring my three year old and I joined the latest hogwarts challenge here. I hope those will get me back into a routine so I can start losing instead of gaining!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,317 Member
    Options
    139.8 this morning...I like starting the year with NO "4" as the second number!! YAY!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Bringing Paula's list with us!!!

;) high protein

;) no processed carbs

;) small portions

;) pre-plan meals

;) track meals accurately on MFP / count everything

;) measure portions

;) prepare satisfying options

;) relish food - actually taste it

;) eat slowly

;) lots of water - sip all day

;) exercise: 3xs/wk cardio & 6xs/wk body/free weights

;) ask: real hunger v. craving?

;) just say "No" - especially at night

;) no trigger foods in shopping cart - none

;) ignore the niggling voices that make up excuses to cheat

;) fight, forgive, strive harder

paula
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    172.5 - down again from yesterday. :smile:

paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    DH's treats are calling from the pantry...going to cut up an apple. Rereading the list's 12, 13, & 15 over and over and over again. I can't really eat them anyway...I OD and they make me stinky...I know TMI, but I have to keep on the right track, so I'm saying it.

Sorry about the stinky comment... :s

Chris

• PaulaKro
    Options
    Been there, done that, Chris. I'm running out of good eatings in the house and wondering if I make the meatloaf and cut it into portions, will that help me limit its consumption.

Thinking of you! Think of me too!!

Same boat,
    Paula
  • cpanus
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Okay...Put each portion in a freezer bag. Put all but one portion in the freezer. Do not give into to the temptation. It is not going to be worth it. Your hunger will be satisfied with the one portion and a veggie or two. o:) Do you have fruit for after the meatloaf? I would have shared my apple but it's gone now!!! :o

Let me know how you did this evening.

Thinking of you! Thanks for thinking of me!!! <3<3

Stay in the boat, Paula!! No falling out!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    WHAT WE EAT IN PRIVATE, WE WILL WEAR IN PUBLIC.

borrowed that from someone...

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Chris,

Sugarcrisp are my current favorite apple (with pnut butter <- need to be careful about that). Recently discovered dried apricots with hummus - very satisfying. Also, bananas with turkey jerky, mandarin orange gel with peanuts, ketchup on eggs, salad dressing on lettuce - or meat or cooked veggies.

Those are my candies and keep me from feeling deprived. My taste buds insist on treats, and that's most of the approved list. (oh and pineapple in juice...)

Definitely wearing it. Can still squeeze into my sz8 jeans, but ugh! Just broke down and bought a sz12 pantsuit for work - hope to turn around and put it in mothballs.

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    ...and melons and oranges and grapefruit and grapes... okay, anything fresh except berries. Ate too many strawberries when picking them for my grandma (imagine little girl with strawberry smushed all over her face and none in the basket) and ever since then berries cause a gag reflex.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    I love honey crisp and kuki apples. I save my peanut butter for my banana at night. I don't do ketchup at all, but the rest sounds very interesting. Well, except grapefruit...I went on a grapefruit diet once...cured me.

<3<3

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I have been out of the fitness loop for the last couple of months. With the rest of the world I have plans for some changes in 2017! I joined a gym that will let me bring my three year old and I joined the latest hogwarts challenge here. I hope those will get me back into a routine so I can start losing instead of gaining!

Great to hear from you again! A routine is so important!

Shell
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    All this talk of Honeycrisp apples . . . oh mah goodness. I LOOOOOOVE those!!

Anyways. Happy New Year! Finally got around to putting a battery in my scale yesterday. I was 149, which is actually a full 5 pounds less than I thought. I was super surprised not to be in the 150s, even! Choosing to look at from that perspective instead of "Oh darn, I gained 10 pounds since summer." Ahem!! But I was down to 147.5 this morning, and I didn't even track yesterday. So I'm feeling fairly confident, especially because I have plans for the gym and a run today.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,243 Member
    Options
    194.2 this morning. I'm happy to start the year under 200 but know I've got to push myself to keep this going. I've been working on getting under 190 for way too long. It's time to hit that goal by the end of the month.

Honeycrisp and Galas are my favorite apples. Going to the grocery store today...in with the healthy and out with the junk.

Paula - I love your list. I took a photo of it on my cell so it will be with me at all times. My favorite - just say "No" especially at night. This has been my problem forever.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Great job, Michelle and Kathy! Have fun at the gym, Michelle.

139.8 again this morning. No gym today...trainer still sick w/stomach flu. DO NOT WANT THAT ONE!!! We'll see about Wednesday. Going walking w/DH in a few mins then we'll bring Ronan and Bean home for another test ride.

YAY!! TO OUR NEW YEAR COMMITMENTS!!

Chris

• Momcasciotti
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. It was a fun women's only conditioning class. I worked hard, now I have to figure out how to sync my exercise calories with my fitness pal.
  • Momcasciotti
    Options
    Got the the gym again today and drank all my water yesterday! Those are my two big goals this month.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Got the the gym again today and drank all my water yesterday! Those are my two big goals this month.
    Hey Lori! Those are two of my big ones too. Don't know why I don't drink more liquid, it's so easy. And my workouts are at home, but for some reason it's so hard to get back on the wagon.

Paula
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Upset tummy today so taking things easy. But I am logging everything!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Lori I never really know how to figure it out. So I guess on the low side.

Ok I bought some apples also. And I also love the Honey Crisp ones. Also some fresh blueberries and raspberries since they were on sale. And then some salad fixings!

Shell