Mini Goal Challenge - Week of January 1 - January 7 2017

Options
Hearts_2015
Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your short term goals.

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! B)<3

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    etflvkccecyj.jpg
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi Hearts! Happy 2017. Thanks for getting us started and remembering the progress we have made and can continue to make.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Hello Warriors!!

Welcome back Hearts and thanks for getting us started. Hope all is well with you
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Goals week of 1/2:
    1) Points within program - 0/7 (missed it: 0 )
    2) 7+ hrs of sleep - 0/4 (Did it: 0 )
    3) Check-in - 0/7 (Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, Su, M)

Jan WW Meeting (every Tuesday)
    Attendance - 0/5

Jan WW Meeting (every Friday)
    Attendance - 0/4 (weigh in day)
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Hearts and Molly. Have a great week. Take it one day at time.

My goals week of 1/2
    1. Check in daily
    2. 2 workouts
    3. Steps 5,000 5 times
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Happy New Years to all warriors! Let this be the year that we all set realistic goals. Set good habits one at a time. We can do this!
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My Goals for the 2017 Year

1) Be Happy and Celebrate - I am going to start celebrating all the little things in my life. Not just goals I reach in my weight loss journey but all things that bring me joy.
    2) Get Healthy - I have had some health issues this year and am working on getting healthier though healthy eating, exercise and less stress in my life.
    3) Less Stress- Think this is part of my health issue. Just have to work on having less stress in my life

I think with doing these 3 things they will help me with my weight loss as I will be a happier person and want to reach my goals and enjoy life more.

n153eq.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good goals Sheri and Paulette!!
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Mini goals....Just going to watch what I eat this week. Still have this awful cold and will not make it to the gym this week.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Lost_it wrote: »
    Mini goals....Just going to watch what I eat this week. Still have this awful cold and will not make it to the gym this week.

Aw sorry you're not feeling well, I'm just getting over pneumonia recently myself..or almost over it I guess is more accurate. I hope you feel better soon Sherry. :smile:
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Hearts and Sherri - so sorry you are not feeling well. Hearts glad you are on the mend. I am getting over a cold also.

Molly - have a good week.
    Monday check in
    My goals week of 1/2
    1. Check in daily 1/7
    2. 2 workouts 0/2
    3. Steps 5,000 5 times 0/5

Have a great Tuesday!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Thank you Forest <3 Seems many are working through illnesses. I hope we all get back to feeling better quickly having colds and flu is no fun at all. :'( It's very weary as well all know..takes so much energy. But soon we'll all be up to feeling back to our old selves again. :smiley:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Weekly Goals

Grocery shop today
    Laundry Weds
    Workouts this week 0/2
    Continue 1/2 hour of cleaning/organizing household daily 0/5

Forest? How about we make a pact on the workouts for this week? Maybe that'll help us both?! :smiley:

Do you all use fitbits? Do you feel they help you? Are you glad you bought them? Oh wait Forest you told me you use a pedometer didn't you? I have my Polar HR Monitor sitting here on my desk needing another new battery so I don't need any new gadgets. I need to use this one that I have. I can use it in water also which is nice. I'm sure after the fitbit craze something new will come along. :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello Warriors!

Feel better Sheri and Hearts!

I love love my fitbit. It motivates me and keeps me mindful of moving despite knee pain.
    I used to have a polar HR monitor. I do not have a fitbit with a HR monitor. and my fitbit syncs with WW just like it did with MFP and that is just so awesome!! and it really showed me how much MFP was inflating numbers in most cases for exercise. This was true when I had my HRM also,

Have a great week and good idea on doing the workout challenge!

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Goals week of 1/2:
    1) Points within program - 1/7 (missed it: Tu)
    2) 7+ hrs of sleep - 0/4 (Did it: 0 )
    3) Check-in - 2/7 ( Th, F, Sa, Su, M)

Jan WW Meeting (every Tuesday)
    Attendance - 1/5

Jan WW Meeting (every Friday)
    Attendance - 0/4 (weigh in day)
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Okay Hearts! Let's see if we both can get in two workouts this week. Let's just do it. Good goals.

Molly - good goals this week. Good job with sleep and checking in. Keep going.

I use a pedometer. It does sync with an app on my phone if I want to while exercising to monitor activity. It does keep me aware and when I get it together helps keep me on track. I have thought about getting a Fitbit but for now I need to do the work. Maybe as a reward. But whatever will help is worth it.

Tuesday check in
    My goals week of 1/2
    1. Check in daily 2/7
    2. 2 workouts 0/2
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Weekly Goals Jan 1st - Jan 7th

Grocery shop Tues - done
    Laundry Weds - I do hope I get some done today. Supposed to start snowing this afternoon so we'll see. I do the laundromat deal.
    Workouts this week 0/2 OK, it's a deal Forest hopefully it's the gym but a workout is a workout, home or the gym, k?
    Continue 1/2 hour of cleaning/organizing household daily 1/5

- Went to 'Fresh Thyme' grocery store yesterday for the first time and WOW, I love that place! Going again today Weds, a new ad is out and the old one is still going, want to get some more tomatoes and a few other veggies that are on a super sale. I think I'll start shopping there regularly on Weds mornings. Fabulous produce prices and such a clean bright store. I've been wanting to go since they opened but never made it there. Bye bye Trader Joe's you may have just been replaced. :D

- I was at Fresh Thyme for probably 3 hours walking around browsing.. ha ha and it felt like I had walked miles so I'll count that as an unofficial workout. ;) Everything was so bright and new I can't believe I was in there so long but there was so much to look at. Something I most definitely could NOT have done before knee replacements! HOORAY for freedom!

• Hearts_2015
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Okay Hearts! Let's see if we both can get in two workouts this week. Let's just do it. Good goals.

Molly - good goals this week. Good job with sleep and checking in. Keep going.

I use a pedometer. It does sync with an app on my phone if I want to while exercising to monitor activity. It does keep me aware and when I get it together helps keep me on track. I have thought about getting a Fitbit but for now I need to do the work. Maybe as a reward. But whatever will help is worth it.

Tuesday check in
    My goals week of 1/2
    1. Check in daily 2/7
    2. 2 workouts 0/2

• Lost_it
    Options
    I use a Garmin viofit HR....I had the fitbit Charge HR and it fell apart. I love my Garmin and wear all the time. I found the HR monitor was pretty accurate( I had to have a monitor hooked up to me a couple of weeks ago for a few hours and the Garmin was within a couple of point of the monitor). I am still battling this awful cold(going on 3 weeks now) and got back to work after 9 days off. Hoping to get back to the gym next week.
  • forestrose910
    Options
    Happy Thursday. this week is going fast and I need to get back on track. I have not gotten 5,000 steps yet but I am getting close. no workout. I am going to try tonight.

sherri- feel better and get back to doing what you need to do. take care.

Hearts- you and I still need to get in that workout. I love that you had such a good time at the grocery store. sounds like fun. I seem to get more steps in when I shop also. wondering aimlessly is a good thing. so you are making good progress with your goals. I am so happy that you are reaping the benefits of all your hard work with your knees. Wonderful news!

Molly- keep it going and good luck with your WW meeting tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.