Successful Gastric, but put on some weight and want to get back on track!

Options
erikbee
erikbee Posts: 2 Member
Hey all - Looking for support to get back on track to my gastric plan.

Replies

• BT2016
    BT2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey erik! Just letting you know you're not alone!
  • Aushiker
    Aushiker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very early days for me ... day 11 post operation. Had been loosing a kilo a day then dropped first to a loss of 500 grams, then 100 grams and then today went up 200 grams. Was quite surprised by the gain as I managed to do more walking than other days, the calorie intake has been consistent at ~ 800 calories per day.

Hopefully will see a decline again tomorrow.
  • clorden2016
    clorden2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gastric bypass 1988. 100 pound initial loss, then diagnosed with MS and in lots if steroids (thus weight gain). Have struggled since. Started MFP 1 month ago
    Down 10 pounds, but that was in the first 2 weeks. I'm frustrated at the slow down.
  • janflobar
    janflobar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the same boat, gastric sleeve 3 years ago. Have slowly gained back 25 lbs. Life took over and it wasn't as easy to eat and exercise as much as I had been to maintain the weight I had lost 100 lbs. I am hoping to restart an exercise program and get motivation here.
  • tiwipod
    tiwipod Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Anyone want to get this group going again? I have had regain and would love some friends and support to get back on track with post gbypass? Get in touch I would love to hear form you,
    tiwipod
  • Warhawk79
    Warhawk79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey. I am there with you guys. Who all is still struggling?
  • marniehecknauer
    marniehecknauer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 14 years post gastric bypass. I have gained back all but 60 pounds of my pre-surgery weight loss. I've been trying, working with nutritionist, worked with a personal trainer, just to have everyone scratch their heads, not able to figure out why I wasn't losing weight. Gave up for a while but now ready to go at it again with a different approach. Really hoping this time it works.
  • Ssandygrl
    Ssandygrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass 2 years and 3 months ago. I lost 165 lbs (down from a start of 436 lbs). I stalled at 271 lbs. Then over the past 13 months I gained back 30 lbs. I know why it happened. I have been eating a lot -- especially carbs and sugar. I'm glad that I'm still down more than 125 lbs but frustrated because I am really hoping to lose more weight.

I've been reading about the "pouch reset" and wondering if it will help me. If you're not familiar with it, you basically repeat your post surgery diet but over 7-10 days instead of multiple weeks. I'm going to discuss it with my therapist/dietitian and probably go see my bariatric surgeon.

Why am I considering this instead of just getting back to basics and cutting out the sugar and adding protein and water? Mainly because a) I can eat a LOT and think my pouch must be really stretched out and b) I have such incredible cravings for said carbs and sugar. I think I need to short-circuit that cycle.

Any feedback or suggestions from anyone?

SandyJ
  • SteffiLatta
    SteffiLatta Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Had GBS in 2006, lost 120lbs, gained back 45lbs. Need to get back on track - looking for a group that will give support. Are people still around?