Sign-in, January 4

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• LilyGetsFitNow
    LilyGetsFitNow Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet and sad, Rick. I'm sorry about your Mom. It sounds as if she's in a good place that makes her happy. She has been blessed with more years than predicted which allowed her family and you more time with her. I'm sorry you're in a place where she feels or knows she is about done with this race. I don't know how you feel, but I can sympathize. I'm 34 years old and still have all my family and friends and grandparents as well (My grandparents are in their 80s and 90s - still fully functioning and able to take care of themselves, all in good health (relatively speaking), they walk, travel etc.). I've never lost anyone close to me and I'm sure I'm one of the few. I know I would be crushed and devastated if/when something may happen to someone I care about deeply. It's why we all have to cherish the time we have left and thank God for the life we've had with them. It's good even when hard times are upon us that it's the small things that can make you smile sometimes. Random memories and people who can make a difference just by a few words of kindness or recognition. It's also a good thing that you are able to talk about all of this instead of pushing it down. Talking about it is a form of healing from the inside out. Wish you the best!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    So you're Gloria' s boy ;) Yesterday one of my mom's old friends thought I was her and kept saying how come you aged so well? I could not get through to her I was not my mom. Lol The teller next to me was laughing so hard she nearly wet her pants. I like small towns where you know everyone .
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    ... and a new nickname is born, "Gloria's boy!" I like that you always see the good side of things. I am sure that helps to keep you healthy as well as happy, or as much as you can be when going through challenging times.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Snowing and yucky today so a slow day at work.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    A Blessing for Old Age by John O'Donohue

May the light of your soul mind you,
    May all of your worry and anxiousness about becoming old be transfigured,
    May you be given a wisdom with the eye of your soul, to see this beautiful time of harvesting.
    May you have the commitment to harvest your life,to heal what has hurt you, to allow it to come closer to you and become one with you.
    May you have great dignity, may you have a sense of how free you are,and above all may you be given the wonderful gift of meeting the eternal lightand beauty that is within you.
    May you be blessed, and may you find a wonderful love in yourself for yourself.

Yes x 3
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Rick!

Exercise: Yes, 20 minutes yoga
    Tracking: Yes
    Calories: Yes
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you and your family Rick.

Exercise 20 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 80 minutes on bike and treadmill. My Fitbit worked today...YAY! I definitely don't have the money to replace it. I have one of the old ones that you clip on, not a wrist band.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thank you for the update. It sounds like your mom is in a good place where she feels comfortable. She also sounds like a very strong woman. Keeping you in my thoughts and praying for strength for you in the days and weeks and months to come.
    PS: It sounds like a very quaint town. :blush: I just Googled it. Rushville is about 4-1/2 hours from me. Maybe someday I'll get a chance to visit that town.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Continued prayers for your mom.
    It's nice that she gets to live out her days in a familiar friendly place.

Today is the last day of my refresh!!
    I made an executive decision to have caffeine this morning. I was a bit foggy yesterday and I could not deal with that today. I actually felt really good!

I ended up having a calendar change which gave me free time at lunch, so I got in a walk on the trail. It was windy.

Calories under plan and all is tracked.

f8jxwh7lwews.jpg
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your mother is in a good place. I am glad she is surrounded by people who care about her. May God bless you all.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, Treadmill at an incline for 35 minutes, lots of cleaning and food prep.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, 1244/1250
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bike riding, thinking. Got to thinking about my parents. That page turned a while ago for me. I hope I don't sound like I got icewater for blood, but I got to thinking about their estate. My father had professional estate planning. That was a good deal for us kids. No resentments over that whole scene. They had positive net worth and left all of us the ability to get positive. They weren't rich. We aren't rich. But we didn't lose much to the state or any sharks. So yeah, Rick, here is me tipping my hat to you and your practice.
    Weird that you are older than me and you still got a parent going. I don't think I got much longevity in my genes. Either that or there are some bad familial dietary practices ingrained in us.
    I went up to the little schoolhouse, gave the little guy some personal training. He was burnt out. I think his family just got back from travelling. He wasn't up to his old energy level.
    Exercise, I did some hill repeats today. I had crafted a pattern that I though if I did it three times it would give me 1000 of climbing. All I got was 970. Moderate intensity intervals. Wizard only gave me 500 calories. I did a better job of keeping my heart from running up in the 90s. So I guess I could call that a recovery from yesterdays spin. Yesterday I averaged 91%. Today I peaked at 91%. Got more cal yesterday though.
    I shoulda went to spin today. School is back in so all of the teachers aren't on spin bikes now. It was a full house yesterday. I thought there was going to be a coin toss over the last spin bike.

Kitchen is closed. I still got calories left. Maybe 800. I might whittle that down to 600 before bed.

yes x 3
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear your mom is in a great environment. I grew up in a smaller town and my mom was a teacher (still is at 71) so everyone knew her. I couldn't get away with anything! ;) Thanks for sharing your story.

Exercise? Yes, we decided to try to go 30 min early to the class and work our workout in together. It worked ok but not the same as starting with the group. My coach was completely supportive of us trying to do this daily.
    Calories/Tracking? Yep!
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Treadmill for 30minutes
    Calories: under the limit
    Tracking: that's the key really = ok
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @bocasdelbob My Mom is 19 years older than I am. I arrived a bit earlier than she would have liked. I'm 66. My Mom will be 86 in late January 2017.
    She goes in to see the hematologist tomorrow in the late afternoon. I am not too optimistic.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you are going through this, but how blessed you are to have both your parents still.

Yes, yes, yes
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes x3 again! I took a 3-mile walk tonight instead of running.