Taking all life has to bring

Options
mibus100
mibus100 Posts: 18 Member
Hi, I am retired and loving life. I have about 34 lbs to loose while getting to the weight goal. I believe 60's are the young 30's. Everything changes when you retire. Knowing that you don't have to go to work and can do whatever you want really changes your outlook on life. I am looking forward to making new friends and getting ideals from you guys.
Today I will start back up my walking in hopes of seeing better results.

Replies

• lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Linda I am a returning member I got 75 pounds to lose and over the holiday I did not so good
    I am going to weight watchers Friday to start over haven't been for 3 weeks
    I work in a group home of special needs adults and love my job but can be stressful but wonderful
    I am single 62 years old and no living children so wish me luck I need more friends
  • mibus100
    Options
    I can understand where you are coming from. I have seen so many positive stories with good results which tells us that if we stick to it we will have the same results. I am one week into keto and have lost 2lbs. Getting ready to step it up with more walking.
  • nmcknny
    nmcknny Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm just returning to MFP (today!) after gaining back the weight I lost :/ I retired in May and have enjoyed staying home--it's nice to be able to not go anywhere unless you want to! I liked my thinner self but it was so easy to gain. I'm sure we'll all inspire each other!
  • mibus100
    Options
    Hi nmcknny, yes you are right about easy to gain but its not easy to loose. This morning we took the dogs for a walk on the beach and I walked uphill for most of the way to get back. Got 325 calories off for doing this so getting back to walking on a regular basis is my short term goal. Taking off 34 lbs is my long term goal. My husband said he will buy me flowers every time I loose 10 lbs so that is a motivator for me plus feeling great is also top of my list. I am following the keto way of eating which is low carb high fat. There are several facebook groups that you can follow for additional support. Keto with Sara is one of my favorites.
  • nmcknny
    Options
    I can do low carb (but high carbs seems to be my favorite food :o ) and I seem to do high fat, at least it's hard not to go over, but these haven't helped me so far :D Well, more seriously, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law both lost weight on the Atkins diet. I'm sure I couldn't follow any plan like that.

Exercise is the thing I'm counting on for keeping off the weight I lose this time around. I've been walking and this week started back on my strength training program. It sounds nice to walk the dogs on a beach! Enjoy those flowers! That would sure motivate me :)

• mick102760
    mick102760 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Long story short...But my husband and I own a Theatre for Adults with Disabilities ....Taking care of others leaves you forgetting to take care of yourself I learned this year. I lost 28lb. Felt like I tried for 10 months the in one month I lost it all. Not true but that's the way it felt. OK...Now I gained 10 back and I want to lose 15lb. Difference this time I have confidence I know hard work pays off....Just hard to start....But today's the day! I know following others journeys helps me stay on track so feel free to add me
  • nmcknny
    Options
    You'll do it, Mick!