Fitbit still not syncing to MFP

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Only the last week?

Count yourself lucky all the prior time.

You could have a lot of comments in here about the months of bad syncing.
    It's funny, every time anyone has had an issue with their Fitbit connection it never happened to me. Then I noticed yesterday that my link is now broken and has been for two weeks.
  • thatonechick1987
    Options
    I spoke with fitbit and they said everything is working on their end
  • kellyannskok
    kellyannskok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i haven't been able to connect either.
  • Dozer561
    Dozer561 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    funny thing is if i got to the HOME, and "CHECK IN" it shows the fitbit steps syncing from fitbit to MFP, also all meals are synced from MFP to Fitbit, but same issue,. it does not adjust the calories on the food/meals page at bottom.
    upt9bqhcpf1h.jpg

so for now i guess im stuck using MFP for logging food, and adjusting manually according to fitbits site.
  • shazandy617
    shazandy617 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is a week old now and I cant get MFP and Fitbit syncing. With my Garmin it worked perfectly. I've revoked the permissions on both accounts but they still aren't 'talking' to each other.
  • karleeggarner
    karleeggarner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Following in case any new information or help is posted. Having the same problems with my charge2
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Same problem for months, mfp food diary shows up on fitbit dash board but fitbit excersise calories will not sync with mfp. Tried revoking access, Un linking accounts and then Re linking. Still not working properly :(
  • pug_mama
    pug_mama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if support is working to resolve this?? Never had these issues with Jawbone Up. Very frustrating!
  • LouLou224
    LouLou224 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following - having same issues with my Charge - used to work fine..... have unlinked and linked again using both computer and phone apps - really frustrating!!
  • ladymoon001
    ladymoon001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Following - having the same issues. Fitbit gets data from mfp but map does not get from fitbit. Did all steps mentioned above.
  • scotts822
    scotts822 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    dmoses wrote: »
    I went into Fitbit setting and revoked access to MFP, then went to MFP and disconnected Fitbit tracker from there. I then went back to MFP and reconnected the Fitbit tracker app. Fingers crossed but all seems to be working at the moment. Urgh...

I did the same thing also and my steps showed up right away.
  • Dysprosed
    Dysprosed Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Completely out of the blue. The two are communicating to each other it seems, but the calorie adjustment has stopped occurring. That specifically seems to be at the root of the problem. I have followed the recommended steps to revoke access and then relink the apps, but no luck.

EDIT: Alright, I may have found a possible solution. At least, it appears to have temporarily worked for me. I opened my fitbit app on my phone, I use an android operating system. Clicked on Menu on the top left and chose "Steps." On this screen it gives you the option to "Choose a Device" and shows my Fitbit Tracker, Add a Device, and Don't track steps. I tapped on Fitbit tracker, and a checkmark appeared next to it. Then I resynced myFitnessPal, and now my calorie adjustment is showing in the app, and on the website. I hope this solution works for some of you.
  • Dozer561
    edited January 2017
    Options
    edit* i missed dysprosed's response when i posted this but seems he found same thing i found except i changed the steps setting in the MFP app not the fitbit app..

ok, so update, i was tooling around in the settings menus on fitbit and MFP, desktop and apps..... i have an older fitbit ONE, ive had a few years, and recently started using again but long story short after many unlinking revoking relinking/power cycling log outs logins etc. i found this and it worked for me, and i feel stupid i missed it.

i do not use any desktop apps. just the websites..
    i use the fitbit app bluetooth connected to my fitbit, because i lost the bluetooth dongle for PC.
    i have the MFP app, but i hardly use it. BUT this is where i think i found the issue that resolved at least for me.
    and it appears to be available to set on the website for MFP as well..

i always just revoked and relinked, and it always showed it linked but never adjusted calories.

but then i noticed on the MFP app settings and now on the website settings, the app had indeed linked, but it was still set to "[X] Do not track steps". clicked on the fitbit tracker, and now i have calorie adjustments working.

so make sure that is set on your settings.. i missed it assuming linking made it an automatic change but it didn't in my case.
    gd3xchonb4tq.jpg
    8eavs99b0hlq.jpg
    k7reli79s2si.jpg
  • hapeximendios
    hapeximendios Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dozer561 , I just did what you said and my steps showed up straight away.
  • ladymoon001
    ladymoon001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, issue resolved for me as well using the steps you outlined.
  • enachelle
    enachelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, issue resolved for me as well using the steps you outlined.

I tried the steps listed by Dozer561 from my PC and it is still not working for me. Is there a time lapse should I wait an hour or so?
  • Dozer561
    edited January 2017
    Options
    for the record i changed my setting in the MFP phone app settings. i just then happened to notice the website, so i took snips to post pics. it worked almost immediately.

my exact steps. noting i do not use the fitbit desktop app and my fitbit does not connect to my PC, it only bluetooths to my phone. (if you look under bluetooth settings fitbit will not show as a connected device. but the app syncs its data using bluetooth.)

I uninstalled the fitbit and MFP phone app rebooted phone.

Revoked access on fitbit website, removed fitbit from apps on MFP website and then logged out of both sites.

Logged back in to MFP website, added fitbit tracker in apps.

Then i plugged in my fitbit to the power cord and powered it on and off a few times while plugged in.

Installed MFP app and Fitbit app on phone again and logged into both. then waited a few min and checked on the
    fitbit website that under fitbit settings/applications it says authorized access to MFP, Fitbit website and Fitbit for android.

Then i synced my fitbit to my phone through the fitbit app. (it may have synced automatically before i manually synced. wasn't paying attention.)

Thats when i found and changed that steps setting i posted above in the MFP PHONE APP settings, and it started working.

i dont know if it made a difference doing it through the app or website, but i did it through the app, and my snaps above showed on the website like that.

6xb2czyff7h9.png

• harmanee2000
    harmanee2000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Having the same issue with my Fitbit Charge. Idk who is supposed to fix it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Following - having the same issues. Fitbit gets data from mfp but map does not get from fitbit. Did all steps mentioned above.

Ditto.

I've unpaired and re-paired over and over...
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I used to have this issue with various FitBit devices. If you are using FitBit website, MFP website, FitBit Mobile App, and MFP Mobile App, then the following should work...or at least it has always worked for me.
    1. On MFP, disconnect FitBit
    2. Logout of MFP
    3. On FitBit, disconnect MFP in case the disconnect didn't sync.
    4. Log out of FitBit.
    5. Close browser.
    6. On mobile device, open MFP app and make sure FitBit is not connected. If it is, disconnect.
    7. Logout of and close app
    8. On mobile device, open FitBit app and make sure MFP is not connected. If it is, disconnect.
    9. Logout of and close app.
    10. Login to MFP website and link up FitBit.
    11. Login to mobile device apps once above is complete. Make sure both apps show they are linked.
    12. You should be good to go!