Goals & aspirations...in short things you will commit to doing in the new year

Options
novio50
novio50 Posts: 778 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
2017 is practically here. I plan on losing atleast 30 lbs next year, lowering that body fat %. I finally want to do that Spartan race. Spending more time with family and reading more books. Lastly, my plan is to have a better thought life. I need to be more positive, patient, personable, and forgiving. I also need to be more asertive, more quiet, more direct, and more honest (with myself as well as others).

Is there anyone else here with goals or things they want to accomplish? Please do share, you never know who you're able to help.

Replies

• Joe3043
    Joe3043 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a short term goal this year of being under 250 lbs by summer. Starting to lower calorie intake and cut soft drinks.
  • brandi8484
    brandi8484 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs in 2016, so my goal for 2017 is 90 more off
  • rachwill2002
    rachwill2002 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want to be put of the 200s by the end of the year.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 50 lbs this year! My first mini goal is 15 lbs! I know I can do this!!!

One of my goals last year was to quit smoking and I did on Jan. 11th! Almost the one year mark and I am doing great! Because I was able to do that I know I can hit or exceed my goal for 2017!
  • kiwigirl8133
    kiwigirl8133 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have signed up for The Miss Mudder challenge in Sydney in October 2017. My goal is to release 20kgs before this event and be fit and healthy by being active everyday, be it walking, biking, yoga, Pilates, cross trainer, boxing or anything else I can think of to mix it up. I have the gear, time to get moving!!!
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Under 10.5 stone by August (25lb), able to start stronglifts again at some point. And a konmaried house ;-)
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 21 lbs this year, so i am back at my weight from november 2015. I want to get back in the flow of doing yoga at least 3 times a week (short sets) and keeping up with my steps every day.
    Tomorrow i start logging again, so that's another goal: keep logging!
  • RobinRenee5483
    RobinRenee5483 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My long term goal is to lose 100 pounds this year. I have absolutely no reason to believe it cannot be achieved!

As a sort of 'mid year' goal, when my daughter enters 5th grade in September 2017, I'd like to complete the "Girls on the Run" 5k with her.

Short term, I want to fit in my wedding ring again (without getting it resized) by my birthday in May.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    My goal is to complete a 10K and a half marathon this year; and also to reach 10% body fat. Those are listed in order of difficulty and probability of achieving.
  • bHarrison04
    bHarrison04 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Short term goal is to lose 20lbs by Memorial weekend. First camping trip of the season for us!!! :) And long term goal is to lose 60lbs total.
  • kristynsflab
    kristynsflab Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ive gained 45-50 pounds back from a 106 pound loss in 2013. I want to loose it ASAP. Ive already started walking 5+ miles a day and do workout dvds daily.
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have fallen so far but this year I have many many goals over the full year and plan on staying focused and dedicated. In the past 3 months I have gained 20+ pounds so my first goal is to get back under the 200 mark by 3/30/17. I plan on using my work gym Monday through Thursday and eating right. By the end of the year I plan to be around the 150 mark. Good luck to you all !!!
  • ChangeAddict
    ChangeAddict Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Save $$$
  • BackToTheBeach2017
    Options
    My goals are pretty small actually. I really want to spend 15 minutes exercising a day. It might seem like nothing, but I'm 100% sedentary except for taking care of a 2 year old. I work from home so am constantly on my computer or phone, or taking care of her. I think if I can at least commit to the 15 minutes a day, the thought of exercise won't seem like such a hassle on top of everything else.

I'm also trying to drink more water because I've basically been addicted to soda for years. I've completely stopped drinking regular soda, and now only drink about 4 diet sodas a week. This is huge to me cause before I was drinking like 2 regular sodas a day.

Trying to keep my goals manageable and see that I can do them and then hopefully up the exercise!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get more on track with lifting vs cardio. I lost 75 lbs last year and I'm desperate to incorporate toning in my daily work outs.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    My goal is to complete a 10K and a half marathon this year; and also to reach 10% body fat. Those are listed in order of difficulty and probability of achieving.

Update: I'm going to sign up for a 12K trail run on 4/1 and consider it achievement of the 10K if I complete. I don't see any reason why I can't complete it, but it is one of the most difficult trail runs in the midwest and in the top 10 in the U.S., so my time will be terrible. I checked out the park on Sat. and was able to run/walk with an average pace over 18 min. That wasn't quite following the course perfectly, and included some side trails rated "Very Difficult" that I'm pretty sure are not part of the official course. Nonetheless, I need to do a fair amount of training to improve speed in order to have a decent time.
  • kc1020
    kc1020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to walk barefoot by the end of the year. I know it sounds silly, but I've been dealing with numerous foot issues over the past 15 months, (one is an injury beyond my control) and I know that once I lose a significant amount of weight, my feet will greatly benefit from that.
  • carolynsutton6
    carolynsutton6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My primary goal of 2017 is just to be more healthy. Heart problems run in my family, and I want to really establish healthy habits that I can carry through the rest of my life NOW to prevent a heart attack later.

Superficially, I want to get back into some of the size 10 clothing I was wearing 3 years ago. I also want to run more 5Ks, strength train (firm up those flabby arms), and possibly train for a 10K (or get ready for a 10K in 2018 - I don't want to get ahead of myself and push myself too hard!).
  • rabbitlvr_
    rabbitlvr_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goal is to manage stress better. I tend to be an emotional or stress eater, and I need to develop new strategies or coping skills to deal with stress.
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm back after a year hiatus (and lots of weight gained). I feel like I'm at the bottom of a very tall mountain...but I can do this. I've done it before. My goal for 2017 is to start exercising again and feel the joy of exercise. I also need to work on managing stress better.