Newbie to low carb/high fat lifestyle

Options
Hello everyone! I am just starting out for this New Year with a low carb/high fat lifestyle, and am in need of any tips and tricks out there! Recipes that are filling, snack options, and just any advice in general! I am struggling to find a good coffee creamer at the moment, very hard to find something that tastes like the original International Delight French Vanilla creamer that I am accustom to lol. But I know that it is a big no no! Also, I am of course logging my food diary and workout summary on MyFitnessPal, so any tips or tricks with that are welcome also! Just welcoming myself, my name is Anastasia. I am a single mom from West Virginia just trying to live a more healthier lifestyle for myself and for my little girl! <3

Replies

• rinigirl76
    rinigirl76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have the problem of trying to cut that same creamer out of my diet too.. 5 carbs in a tsp!! so my quick fix is half and half . It doesn't have the vanilla taste but its drinkable!
  • ShanBanKrup
    ShanBanKrup Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer- coconut milk, almond milk, heavy whipping cream. I actually love Kroger brand Carbmaster milk, vanilla flavor. Sugar free jello is great for carb cravings, 0 carb and 10 cals. Find low carb recipes online that satisfy your tastes. I'm a big fan of chicken, cream cheese, nuts (lowest carb nuts are almonds and pecans). I enjoy yogurt and they have low carb yogurt (Carbmaster by Kroger is my fav). I eat iceberg lettuce, a lot of green veggies like romaine, cucumber, spinach. I stay away from higher carb veggies and in moderation: tomatoes, onions, carrots, mushrooms, etc. I completely abstain from bread, I use almond flour instead of regular flour. I use special dark cocoa powder for chocolate cravings (pudding, mug brownies, in coffee, with milk). I also love cheeses, and also red meat in moderation. You'll find what is good for you. Be gentle on yourself. It takes time to adjust but think about slowly tapering yourself down to the lifestyle u want. It's dangerous to go extreme right away with your eating if it's a new habit for you. Best of luck!
  • Libellue23
    Libellue23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Try adding a serve of HWC, a small dash of imitation vanilla essence and a touch of stevia to sweeten.
  • Jennifer_Blackwell
    Options
    I like heavy cream and a dash of cinnamon. Cinnamon just gives me a little flavor. :)
  • SunniDaeLady
    SunniDaeLady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    what I use.

Nestle Coffee Mate Sugar Free Hazelnut
    (*There is also a Nestle Coffee Mate Sugar Free "French Vanilla" )
    Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1 tbs, only 2 carbs

https://www.coffeemate.com/products/sugar-free/liquid/hazelnut-sugar-free/

https://www.coffeemate.com/products/sugar-free/liquid/french-vanilla-sugar-free/
  • bonniehoskins
    bonniehoskins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After the first of the year, I started a no sugar, no wheat plan, just on my own. I lost about six pounds and then stalled. A friend has done well on Atkins and I'm still in the process of learning and converting to low carb. I'm looking for friends who are willing to share their food diary so I can get some ideas on how to keep my net carbs down. If you are willing to add me as a friend, even if you don't want to share your diary, please send me a friend request.
  • JSmart39
    JSmart39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting out - Day 1. I found a plan on diet doctor and I've been researching and thinking on it for months. Now I'm committed. Would appreciate tips and encouragement!
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Try these. Great to add flavor and a little sweetness to your coffee.

SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Liquid Stevia Variety 5 Pack 1.7 fl. oz each https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IF9UBW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0F29zbPX8ES5W
  • Twinklestarr1981
    Twinklestarr1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use my coffee, Heavy Whipping Cream, MCT Oil, and 2 pumps of starbucks Sugar free Vanilla Syrup. Tastes great! Good luck! PS-Ive also added cinnamon and or pumpkin pie spice before too! :)