Stomach rumbling

Options
andysport1
andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
So I'm not new to ketosis
2 questions
1. Why do I self sabotage ? Chocolate and milkshake tonight for no reason
2. My stomach has been rumbling like crazy for 2 days. Any idea why ?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    If it is not in the house you cannot eat it. If you don't buy it at the store or food place, you won't eat it.

Honestly, I think changing one's behavior take time and sometimes we will not succeed. What matters is that you have more positive days than negative days. I had yet another opportunity to "practice" a week or so ago. I stood in the store drooling over chocolate chips thinking, "Oh, I need to bake these for my husband" when I know the truth. They would be for me. I am proud of myself for only picking up one bag, one time. I often battle longer.

I won. No chocolate chips. Dear husband doesn't really eat sweets anyway. It was all about me. :/ Practice.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    2. Was it chasing vinegar with baking soda?

(That is, what had you eaten?)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I noticed in the early days of starting keto, my tummy rumbled a lot after I've eaten quite a fatty meal (I was a low-fat, high carb, clean-eating diabetic for years, so I suspect it took awhile for my tummy to get used to the sheer amounts of fat). Nowadays, it only is a bit noisy (and gnawing) when my bladder wakes me early in the morning before I even need to rise...that, and when I've eaten a good amount of sauerkraut, LOL

Mmmmmm sauerkraut

zz61rua00d8a.png
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Good call.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    PS forgot to mention the early a.m. rumbling goes away for me once I've been up and had my MANDATORY 16 oz glass-ful of water.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'll mention the only time I've had on going rumbling issues was when I started taking a multiple vitamin. It was definitely not something I thought would cause a problem so I was not quick to ffigure it out. I endured two weeks of rumbling. Within a day of stopping the vitamin, the rumbling ceased.
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    PS forgot to mention the early a.m. rumbling goes away for me once I've been up and had my MANDATORY 16 oz glass-ful of water.

I definitely will try this. I've only been keto for a week now and I know from previous forays into this WOE that the rumbling will end soon.