Managed to lose over 100 pounds & been an MFP member since August 2014, but....

Hi all - My name is Anne and as I've stated in the title of this post, I've logged every single day on MFP for over two years now. My emotional eating had been under control for most of those two years; only occasionally rearing it's ugly head a few times a year (most of which was during the holidays). Since last summer, I've lost my way more often than at any other time since deciding to get healthier. I'm looking for support on MFP from people who know what I'm talking about because they're living the struggle every day - just like me! Thanks. I look forward to hearing from group members and being an active participant in this group.

Replies

• fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Congratulations on your loss and fighting the good fight!! I have been on and off MFP since March 2015. But I have only been able to maintain a 10lb loss. This year is the year I will finally break through and be well on my way to losing 100 lbs. My hubby has agreed to do everything with me (he doesnt need to lose weight) and we are slowly changing our children's diet as well.
  • judis100
    judis100 Posts: 63 Member
    I totally hear you! I've lost 82 pounds over the last 18 months but REALLY stumbled over Christmas/New Years. Truth is I've been really struggling for a few months, but this holiday I pretty much gave up/in and needed this week to get back on track. I went to an OA meeting yesterday and last night I started eating in a binge-y way, ie not from hunger, I called a few people from the meeting - someone called me back pretty promptly and it was so helpful getting me through, well whatever was going on (sometimes I think if I can name it I'll have a handle on it, but wrong). Anyway, I think real-time support can make a big difference, if you're able to find that where you live.
    Good luck!
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Thanks for the replies. Judis100, I tried OA many years ago, but wasn't a fan. Maybe it was that particular group - don't know. Maybe it's worth giving it another try somewhere else. I do know (have named) issues that send me into a downward spin with trying to eat healthy. Things like: financial stress - I am totally disabled and hubby only gets paid when he works, which isn't a regular 40-hr week; especially during the colder months, so this causes a HUGE issue with trying to maintain/pay bills. I'm also a two-time breast cancer survivor and am still paying hospital bills for a double mastectomy. Money worries are awful and my husband suffers from Generalized & Social Anxiety. This translates into having no one else to share the stress of finding the means to pay bills. Thank God I have my faith otherwise I'm pretty sure I would've thrown in the towel a LONG time ago! So, I try to keep the faith. Another emotional trigger is being the only person trying to eat healthy. My husband is overweight and doesn't want to even try eating healthy. This is a big deterrent lately because he eats these enormous portions of food morning, noon, night, and after bed too. I try to block it from my sight, but my mind says, "Forget it. Just have a snack. What's the use in trying if he's not gonna' care either way!". Once again, awful feeling. Need to find more positive outlets. Hopefully, this community will help. Thanks for your input and God bless. : )
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Welcome Anne, glad you are here! There are a few oa groups on mfp also. They aren't very active and so could use some support and topic questions, maybe give them a try. :)
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Thanks, Gamliela. I've never seen the OA groups on here. Will try to find them. : )