13»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    You guys have no idea the details I track! lol
    I'm a data junkie!
    I just always feel so bad when someone gets discouraged because of the scale. I know what that feels like and I know how I overcame it and just want everyone to be able appreciate their efforts and not have their celebrations stolen from them because of expectations associated with scale weight.

My scale's been the same for 2 weeks now, and I'm still a newbie at keto. However, my body fat's down 1.5% so I figure something's happening (even though I KNOW the body fat percentage on my lying liar scale is the biggest liar of all, and completely dependent on hydration levels.)
    Aha! that's 2 ways scales lie (especially in hot weather when we're dehydrated...)
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this party but glad I came. Thanks for posting this.
  • arkansasteriann
    arkansasteriann Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post...I was really needing this today.
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You've encouraged me to start taking pictures.
    I am on week three.
    Week one, I lost 7 lbs right off the bat. But last week, the scales were stubborn, however, I've noticed a HUGE difference in my waist circumference.
    I will start taking pictures today! Thank you!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    Bumpitty Bump..
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I wasn't taking pictures at first either. I actually lost about 20 lbs before my first photos but now I have them and can't wait to take a second set to compare. I'm waiting though, for about another 10 lbs and after I get walking again. Texas heat is killing my desire to move!
  • suehbca
    suehbca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great posts everybody! I've been up and down for about a month now, but clothes fit differently. I bought a tape measure, but keep putting off measuring. I'm T1 diabetic & take way less insulin on LC, so changes have definitely happened in my body. I have not cheated since I started in May, but I'm also deterred by the 4 weeks of Keto flu that I had when I started. I find it's really hard for me to stay away from the scale, but I am trying. Best wishes to all of you on your LC journey.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    suehbca wrote: »
    Great posts everybody! I've been up and down for about a month now, but clothes fit differently. I bought a tape measure, but keep putting off measuring. I'm T1 diabetic & take way less insulin on LC, so changes have definitely happened in my body. I have not cheated since I started in May, but I'm also deterred by the 4 weeks of Keto flu that I had when I started. I find it's really hard for me to stay away from the scale, but I am trying. Best wishes to all of you on your LC journey.

Hey there,
    Did you see this info?
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10358179/keto-flu-dizzy-weak-tired-headaches-cramping-muscles-electrolyte-imbalance-may-be-your-problem#latest
    "Keto flu" is caused by low sodium and other electrolytes. It can recur at any time and is 100% preventable. That post should help.
  • SuperCarLori
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Bump. Such valuable information
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yes :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done. Thanks for sharing
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    So glad it helped you @annalisbeth74
    Looking awesome!
  • Be9465
    Be9465 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Whew, I've had pretty steady losses weekly since starting 6 weeks ago and have been getting nervous about the week I see no loss LOL. Have been researching and planning TKD and CKD for if/when it happens. Maybe I'll just keep on keepin on instead.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this @Sunny_Bunny_ and for bringing it back to attention.

This detail is so inspiring and important to me at the moment. I am about to go away (holiday folks, holiday, not jail) for 10 weeks (I know poor me) and I will have no access to a scale. I had planned on taking a tape measure but maybe I will just keep on, keeping on. I know what to do, I just have to keep doing it. This post helps. A lot.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @collegefbfan - This post might help, too.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    I can read this over and over and still be motivated and inspired by it. You are one tough, persistent cookie, @Sunny_Bunny_