Need to lose 15 pounds - need accountability!

Options
YCHoward
YCHoward Posts: 11 Member
Hello Everyone - My name is Yvonne. I'm 5'3" and small boned. I'm typically under 120 pounds. After some health problems, I had surgery in Nov. and an healing well, but have gained 15 pounds. I need all the help I an get. It's a bit frustrating as people don't seem to take me seriously when at 135lbs I insist on diet/exercise plan to get back down to my previous 118. Would love to be part of a group that supports getting body fat down to 20% and weight under 120. THANKS!

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Hi! Same boat. Had lost about 15 lbs to get to a size 4 but was obsessed with the scAle at 128. Thought it should be lower. So silly me ramps up the workouts and kept working through an injury. Been sidelined for weeks and gained about 12 and the holidays aren't helping. Would love to be 120-123. I will go to a doc in mid January to diagnose my lower back injury!
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I am 5'2" and people can't understand why I wasn't happy to weigh over 140 pounds! I lost 10 pounds and they automatically assumed I was done. Nope! I still have at least 10 to go! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Same here. Got a job where I travel alot and have put on weight. Need consistency in both my eating and exercising.
  • kris61180
    kris61180 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear you guys! I was so much happier and fitter at about 115. Also 5'2 and small boned. I gained about 15 lbs with the help of some anti-anxiety medicine. Now with the holidays, I am up closer to 20 lbs. Would love some accountability-buddies so I can get back to a comfortable weight. I am back on track with my exercising, but ready to tackle eating right again!
  • Adira48
    Adira48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Almost identical situation. HS weight and underwater test at Cooper Clinic shows 118 ideal for me. Stressful jobs over the years and unhealthy eating played role in weight gain. Current health issues, diet related, great incentive to loose 15-20 lbs. Would like to join group and befriend anyone interested in a buddy. New to site, will have to learn how all of this works.
    (Smile)
  • YCHoward
    Options
    Ok - after goofing off over the holiday weekend I got back on track today. Woke up with a horrible head cold but got through my Slim in 6 workout. Protein drink for breakfast and lots of hot tea with lemon. No appetite. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Thanks for the tip on using a rolling pin, towels and rubber band for a foam roller.
  • YCHoward
    Options
    I'm using MyFitnessPal.com to log my food and exercise. I also bought a 'bella beat' as they have mediation apps that sync up with them. My stress and sleeping habits are a bit part of my health issues.
  • zimmermantrisha
    zimmermantrisha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to get more accountability friends to help me stay on track. I'm about 5' and my ideal weight is about 110. Currently at 125, and wanting to get back to wear I was. I started using myfitnesspal again yesterday as it helped me get to my ideal weight the last time. Need to stick too it and buckle down now with the holidays over.
  • kamp0810
    kamp0810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a part of this as well. I am 5'2 and at 145 lbs right now. I need to lose the remaining baby weight (before baby #2) and get my exercise and sleep plan in order. I'm looking to get to 130-135 by June. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • RidgeTopWriting
    RidgeTopWriting Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @kamp0810 our stories (including weight and height) are the exact same - minus baby weight (mine is post break up weight) - LOVE this page. I do well, but get down on myself when I have a slip up (like yesterday... I freaking ate 2000 calories :( ) or when I get so mad at myself for gaining the weight, which feeds the cycle of eating because I feel bad. I want to get back down to 120 (and i"ve gained/ lost this weight before... but it took me SO long to lose, and I feel so discouraged by the amount of time it takes to lose that weight)
  • michellenc27540
    michellenc27540 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me please! I am 5'8 my weight has been fluctuating between 123-130 over the past year. With the holidays I am up to 132. Feel so bleh, my clothes are uncomfortable and look terrible on me. Want to get this off and then maintain a weight range between 120-125. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck everyone!!
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone how did your weekend go? I had a good day. I ate pretty well and I exercised today. Hopefully I can keep it up this week.
  • kristicomo
    kristicomo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm 5'2 (seems like a lot of us are!) and sitting at about 135, the most I've ever weighed except when I was pregnant. I want to at least get to 125, although 120-122 has always been my normal "good" weight so of course that's my real goal. I could use some inspiration to keep me focused!
  • lgcap
    lgcap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am turning 50 this year - mentally, I feel about half of that, but when I was 25 I could eat what I wanted and if I gained some extra pounds, I would cut back for a few days and voila! it would come off. I am having a hard time getting into the groove. Last year, I was down to 142 lbs (I am 5'4") and that felt pretty good even tho I know I could be smaller. I want to lose at least 10 lbs to get back in that range. Would love to join you all here, I could use some of you for ideas & motivation.
  • YCHoward
    Options
    Ugh - that cold kicked my butt. I'm doing a lot better. I went to Zumba class last night. It was challenging, my heart rate was through the roof - but I had a blast. I got back to my Slim in 6 routine this morning.
  • YCHoward
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I lost 2 pounds and some inches last week. Hoping despite the injuries and colds everyone is maintaining or losing! Can you believe it's Jan. 12th already?
  • kennedyer627
    kennedyer627 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am using MFP in conjunction with Beach Body fitness and Shakeology. My BMI puts me at the high end of normal and I would like to be in the lower end of healthy. Back in 2015 I did a challenge and lost my 10 lbs and inches. Put me in the best shape of my life, until I stopped eating right and exercising. Going back as a coach to keep myself more accountable and use my personal experiences to help others. If you are interested in knowing more, add me to your friends. You can PM me or read my blog. 21 Day fix is amazing to jump start a workout and 21 day fix Extreme is great for getting that last bit of stubborn fat.
  • MuddyFeet
    MuddyFeet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 140. I worked out a few years ago actively and got down to 129 and felt/looked great. I want to get to 125/120.
    I've got some ReRock jeans that I want to be back in! And a spring break trip in March. I know I've got this :smile: