Tips, Tricks & Words of Wisdom

Options
Anything you have specifically learned along the way that has helped you? A favorite saying? Something you make sure to do everyday? The best advice you were ever given? I figured this will be a fun topic :)

Replies

• katyotta
    katyotta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Life is like a gold mine. Ignore the dirt and keep every bit of gold. (re-worded from a quote of Andrew Carnegie).
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up after one rubbish day. Log it, forget about it, and move on. Tomorrow is another day :smile:
  • katyotta
    Options
    Those who wish to sing always find a song.
  • Khloris
    Khloris Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    "Giving up on your goal after one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got one flat."
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    A year from now you'll be glad you started today.

I also believe in non-food rewards about every 5lb or so. Nothing too big (atleast not until i reach my goal), but maybe a pedicure, or new gym outfit, etc.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Water is so important! Keep a bottle around at all times. At first you're gonna have to pee all the time but it helps the weight loss process so much.

A ton of people are not fans of this but I allow myself one treat day a week. Usually a healthy lunch and breakfast, but then I allow myself a not so healthy dinner I've been craving and a couple drinks. Maybe even a delightful snack with said drinks. Keeps me from binging the rest of the week and seems to help my metabolism by throwing my body a curve ball.
  • amandapleighse2
    amandapleighse2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know that this is odd, but for some silly reason it was an eye opener to me. Someone said, you have accept that you will have to wait a year. It will take a whole year. Although I'm ll about celebrating my small victories, it helps me so much when I become disappointed and want to throw in the towel, I just tell myself, I have to keep on for a year before I notice results. ONE YEAR, before I can expect significant results.
  • PrincessMangoxChicago
    Options
    I love taking progress photos! I haven't been brave enough to thoroughly post online yet. But I will in the next few weeks :) I think before and after pics are more powerful than the scale, especially when the scale doesn't seem to budge for a while - its muscle building :) . I also track fat% and measurements. When people look at you, they don't think about "wow i wonder how much they weigh exactly" they think "wow they look good!"
  • FoxyBaha
    FoxyBaha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference" Winston Churchill
  • katyotta
    Options
    A year from now you'll be glad you started today.

Yes! The way I've thought of it:
    A year from now, a year will have passed whether I did something good with it or not.