New starter

Options
Carlos0690
Carlos0690 Posts: 417 Member
42 and finding it harder to lose weight . New determination needed ! 15st 1lbs trying to reach 13st . Long way to go !

Replies

• brandystraightup
    brandystraightup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    43 yr old here, did really well for about a year, lost 60 lbs but gained back 20 over the last few months after going through a stressful time. Definitely seeking motivation and accountability..
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and I also find it difficult to lose weight. I'm trying really hard not to focus on the scale and more on my measurements and how I look. I have a goal size in mind but not a weight. Feel free to add me.
  • mhart1114
    mhart1114 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    November 14th I turned 40. I gained weight after my divorce several years ago. I had always been fit and healthy and once I got divorced things went down hill. I can't seem to get out of my funk. Although I am in a wonderful relationship all the changes that came with the divorce still haunt me.
  • mommyborg76
    mommyborg76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, just started again. I had baby number 6 and my body is not too happy about it. I am still bleeding (sorry TMI) after 11 weeks. I have lost most of the weight about 8lbs to lose but my belly looks horrible. I am using this app plus the help of my sister the fitness freak to get back into the shape I was prebaby. I was a weight that I liked and looking how I liked after 6 months of beachbody. Now I am just doing PIYO and hoping to hit the gym as soon as I find a babysitter.
  • Betty1481
    Betty1481 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i am hoping everyone is having a blessing day.. i am new to this group and we can help each other and all different ways...
  • pinata1120
    pinata1120 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started again the first of the year and I'm two weeks in, not bad, but yesterday was a rough day... I had 3 sleeves of Ritz crackers. I mean, the buttery taste gets me every. single. time. Anyway, I am at my heaviest I have ever been and looking forward to making changes. Looking forward to being part of this group!
  • katjennings
    katjennings Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm starting and at 45 years old this is intimidating.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    48 here. Used MFP very successfully a few years ago. Got off track but fortunately maintained my weight. Back at it again. While I wold love to lose five to eight pounds, my real focus is to begin exercising again for overall health. Just spent three weeks with my mother in law. She is super then but totally sedentary. I do not want that to be my retirement years. So, working now to develop a good path for the future. Any additional loss will be a bonus.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    41 yrs Definitely seems harder to lose weight this year. But I feel great about my program and my food the past couple of months. I was at a plateau for about 3 weeks and began intermittent fasting a couple times a week and finally broke that. We can do this!
  • sandibraymer71
    sandibraymer71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I too, am 45 and just restarted this MFP journey recently. Some days I feel like I'll still be plugging away at this when I'm 50.... But I'm going to be 50 at some point anyhow, better to be a healthier 50!!! Cheers
  • FemaleOnFire
    FemaleOnFire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 42 and I have been on and off MFP since 2012. Here I am with a new account and the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I'm really in need of support and motivation. Would love to find some new friends in their 40s to help me along!!
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello, 45 here, 46 in a couple of weeks. I am what the experts say is obese. I am working hard to fix this but I have been neglectful and lazy for a long time. Now I must confess that I expect immediate and impressive results to any and all effort I extend. I think that the thing I need to work on most is my state of mind. It took me a long time to get where I am at and it will take me some time to reverse the damage I have done. I will not give up though. Glad to be here with all of you. Happy Monday!
  • orionaimee
    Options
    I'm starting and at 45 years old this is intimidating.

You've go this!
  • orionaimee
    Options
    pinata1120 wrote: »
    I started again the first of the year and I'm two weeks in, not bad, but yesterday was a rough day... I had 3 sleeves of Ritz crackers. I mean, the buttery taste gets me every. single. time. Anyway, I am at my heaviest I have ever been and looking forward to making changes. Looking forward to being part of this group!

Ritz are the bomb! I find that I just cant start eating things like that because I lack the willpower to stop. I always say that I am Aimee no cake or Aimee whole cake, nothing in between. :smiley:
  • ally_rasm
    ally_rasm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this site. My dr recommended a support group for weight loss. I'm really shy and didn't want to attend meetings. Hopeful that the groups here will help me. I've gained almost 30 pounds over the last year. Emotional eating is my downfall. Would love to find some friends who are motivated and looking for encouragement. Please add me.
  • doublec4me
    doublec4me Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 soon to be 47 and I am finding it harder than ever to lose! It seems that my metabolism and life situations are working against me!!! Some ideas and motivation would be fantastic!!!
  • Flbeachlove
    Flbeachlove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    40 and finding it hard to lose weight. I want to get back to myself looking for friends, accoutability, and encouragement...Advice welcome
  • Valsgoals
    Valsgoals Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I am really trying to find a group to associate with. I'm 47. I have done this before when I was 38-39 y.o. I lost quite a bit, 127 pounds, but did gain a lot back, 75. Not all of it, (thank goodness!), but enough to make me think, "what the heck are you thinking?" Injuries and life stresses just wore me down. I want to lose not so much to look better but to be healthier and stronger. Of course positive aesthetic changes are always welcome. :blush:

Having a group of friends to keep in touch with that are in a similar situation is so helpful. It helps knowing someone is going to post something about their day I can relate to. Let's face it, even though people in our day to day lives may want to be helpful, those eyes gloss over when you want to celebrate feeling a bone you haven't felt in a while, or achieve an exercise/calorie/insert goal you have been struggling with. One thing I did learn my first time around was it really is important to acknowledge every step achieved along the way.

I really hope this group takes off. :)