jeans?

Options
I am about ready to break down and cry, here. I had $200 in Macy's gift cards and I went to the mall. They had one pair of size 2 jeans in the ENTIRE store. They were stretchy and too big around the waist. (I hate stretchy jeans. They are always too big around the waist because of the way I am built. I refuse to wear "skinny" jeans, either.) I also had trouble finding shirts in XS (apparently S is too big, I tried several on). But at least I can use the gift cards online, even if I do end up using them on my favorite Chanel face powder and a new purse instead of clothing.

I cannot find size 2 jeans in 100% cotton anywhere. I can find size 2 jeans, or I can find 100% cotton, but not both (unless I want to wear some that go up to my navel).

I was so excited at the prospect of buying clothes after losing weight. But the last 3 or 4 times I've been out shopping, I've been disappointed and walked away with nothing or very little because no one carries anything in my size.

I am not sure whether men's jeans would work, or juniors'. (That would mean going back to the store, which I am not really looking forward to.) Right now I look like a slob because I am walking around in some much-too-large size 6 jeans leftover from about 10 years ago.

Anyway, needed to vent a bit and also wondered if anyone had suggestions on where I can find actual 100% cotton jeans in my size. I have spent more than 90 minutes looking online and keep coming up empty.

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    My Macy's is pretty bad, and I can never find smaller sizes there. I know you have a GC for Macy's but I highly suggest going to Nordstrom. They carry a huge array of smaller sizes. Also, although I am not a petite (I'm 5'4"), I found that the regular sized NYDJ jeans came up way too high on my abdomen, but in the petite sizes, they fit perfectly!!! Good luck! Jeans and bathing suits are tough to get right!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Also, 100% cotton jeans might be difficult to find in any size. Most jeans nowadays are 98% cotton and 2% spandex (which is a godsend from what jeans used to be back in the day. I find them much more comfortable). Plus the little bit of spandex sucks you in a bit and lets the garment hold it's shape nicely.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Try girls size 12. That will probably fit you better.
  • michellenc27540
    michellenc27540 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Petite and Jr sizes are cut smaller so if you don't need the length maybe try petite or for Macy's online use the filter and try to find a size 0 or 00.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This idea may be difficult to accept but it's one I've been using the last few years during my journey from obese to my current normal weight: I go to resale shops to find jeans. In my area we have Value Village plus a more-or-less upscale shop called Blue where I have found cotton petite jeans. I do not go to Goodwill or other more downscale resale shops.) I'm certainly not a size 2, so can't speak to whether they have a large selection of the extra-small jeans -- but it might be worth a try. As an example, I found a pair of Lucky Jeans (retail $75+) for $14. Absolutely nothing wrong with them; in fact, they were already broken in!