How much calories?

Hi, I am breaking my head over and over again and can't get how many calories I should eat a day to lose weight. Paleo of course.
I am 44 years old
1.64 CM height
66 Kg Weight
I do crossfit 3 times a week and 1 day run for 30 minutes. It's not that much energy to burn, I such at both :blush:

Right now my goals on the app:
1350 cal
30% carbs (101g)
35% protein (118g)
35% fat (53g)

I really want to burn fat.. so hard...

Hope for your help :)

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    I am the same age and height as you. My lowest goal weight would be 155. At 145 pounds you may be at a healthy weight already and perhaps eating enough to be strong and healthy would be a better focus. Just my opinion.

If fat loss is the thing, I'd remove many of the carbs and put them to your fat macro and avoid all processed foods, and maybe even dairy (if you don't already). To change your body composition you need to lift heavy things which also requires eating adequate food (ie to be stronger will require more food!).

Fat loss and wanting the lowest weight on the scale are kind of different. Muscular people look small, but they will be much heavier on the scale than they look.

Basically calories really shouldn't be the focus. There is no exact perfect number you will ever be able to figure out. Too many factors.

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    MFP's goals for me were similar but they were all wrong. Eating below 1500 calories actually stalled my weight loss (when I started paying attention to it... I lost 25 lbs without trying and then began to pay attention).

MFP's suggested macros are too low in fat and too high in carbs to work for me--I would be hungry all the time with those percentages. You may have to experiment a bit to find the best combination for you. I seem to function best with fat at 60% or more, between 50-80g of carbs per day, and the rest of my calories in protein.
  • CanadianMissy
    CanadianMissy Posts: 39 Member
    I am also the same age and height as you. However, I am 40 pounds heavier. It would be my dream to be your weight!

You should focus on eating primal/paleo foods to satiety and do some moderate exercise and lifting and just let things fall into place.
  • CanadianMissy
    CanadianMissy Posts: 39 Member
    MFP's goals for me were similar but they were all wrong. Eating below 1500 calories actually stalled my weight loss (when I started paying attention to it... I lost 25 lbs without trying and then began to pay attention).

MFP's suggested macros are too low in fat and too high in carbs to work for me--I would be hungry all the time with those percentages. You may have to experiment a bit to find the best combination for you. I seem to function best with fat at 60% or more, between 50-80g of carbs per day, and the rest of my calories in protein.

So true! I have dieted many times using calorie restriction and it never worked! And I mean, never!!! But when I did Primal (and I was all in) I did not count calories and just at primal foods and I lost.