Updating your Weight and Measurements

katiekoonuh
katiekoonuh Posts: 24 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
Hey all! During the challenge, we require you to update your weight and measurements 1/week. Don't forget to complete that piece...just pick a consistent day (Saturday) for your progress measurement day. Side note, while you can update your weight in the app, I don't think you can update your actual measurements...you have to do it on a computer. Bummer. (If someone figures out how to do it from the app, let us know!)

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you lose 10 or more lbs, MFP will ask if you want to reset your calorie goals. SELECT NO! Remember, we calculated your calorie goals based on your lean body mass, not necessarily your current one (though that may be the same for some participants).

Reminder: This challenge is not about weight loss, which is why we are not scoring you against that. It is about adopting a healthy and balanced nutrition that sustains the human body at optimal performance. For many of us, that will come with the added benefit of weight loss...but it is not our focus. So why do we want you to enter it? Because it is important for you, and for us to understand the changes your body is going through during the challenge and these are just a few of the metrics we will use to understand that.

Replies

• amyschuchman
    amyschuchman Posts: 2 Member
    Will you be keeping the scale and measuring tape at viral?
  • katiekoonuh
    yep!
  • jchristo17
    jchristo17 Posts: 4 Member
    Katie -

If we aren't able to gather all measurements via the app, how do we get that info to you? Should that be exported and sent to you on the 1st and 15th as well?
  • katiekoonuh
    You just have to enter it via a computer into MFP. The export will automatically grap that info for me if it is in MFP.
  • katiekoonuh
    edited January 2017
    Looks like you actually can update all of your measurements on the app! Sorry for the mis-cue!

From the app, select Progress (bottom right). It should land on Weight. To record a new weight, click the plus sign in the upper right, enter it, then click the checkmark in the upper right. To enter your Neck, Waist or Hips measurements, just click on Weight and it will bring up a list to choose from. Repeat steps for entering new values.

Yay!
  • Nelsonchristina18
    Nelsonchristina18 Posts: 51 Member
    When I look at the exported data files I do not see the macro breakdown information. Am I missing something or is that something I do not need to worry about?
  • katiekoonuh
    Dont stress about it. My excel file calculates it.
  • katiekoonuh
    Update in Month 2...Measurements will only be required on cheat days. This is also when you will export. The next one is Super Bowl Sunday...Feb 5th. The captains will send out reminders!