Sagging skin??

pauleta1000
pauleta1000 Posts: 14 Member
So far I'm dropping weight on OMAD and I'm starting to see my mid section shrinking. I can't see any signs of Sagging skin but I still have some 30ish pounds to go.

For the people who have lost significant weight, do you have Sagging skin? What tips would you give to avoid it. I've considered eating a bit more in the OMAD than I currently am because I might be dropping weight too quickly. Sagging skin generally looks terrible

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    I've heard that even if you do get some sagging that it can firm up within a year. I usually get a bit of a "squishy" tummy when the fat comes out initially. But then it flattens out if I don't quickly refill them and maintain the loss for some time afterward.

If you do get some sagging try not to let that deter you from losing. You will still look better than you would if you were overweight. Other people are much more accepting of little things like that than you might give them credit for. Often we look at the little details but not the overall picture of ourselves.
    <3
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    If you only have 30 to go, I wouldn't worry about sagging skin. Get the weight off and you will feel and look better. The skin can correct itself over more time.
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2017
    From what I have been reading about intermittent fasting autophagy helps a lot with loose skin, a benefit that only comes with fasting 16-24 hours (or more).
    "The word autophagy is derived from Greek words “auto” meaning self and “phagy” meaning eating. Autophagy is a normal physiological process in the body that deals with destruction of cells in the body.

It maintains homeostasis or normal functioning by protein degradation and turnover of the destroyed cell organelles for new cell formation.

During cellular stress the process of Autophagy is upscaled and increased. Cellular stress is caused when there is deprivation of nutrients and/or growth factors."

You can read more here

This year Yoshinori Ohsumi won the Nobel Prize in medicine with his research about autophagy!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    So far I'm dropping weight on OMAD and I'm starting to see my mid section shrinking. I can't see any signs of Sagging skin but I still have some 30ish pounds to go.

For the people who have lost significant weight, do you have Sagging skin? What tips would you give to avoid it. I've considered eating a bit more in the OMAD than I currently am because I might be dropping weight too quickly. Sagging skin generally looks terrible

I'm probably a lot older than you but since I've lost weight my arms are sagging a lot. I just purchased Essentrics DVD's which Joe said would be okay to use because it won't stress my body like other exercises can.

I believe it depends on the person. I've seen people lose and look great and then I've seen people that look like their skin is falling off their bodies. Of course, these are people that lost a lot of weight like Joe did.

He didn't worry about the sagging skin until he got close to his goal. I think you can watch his video about this on his channel.

30 pounds shouldn't cause you to have a great deal of sagging but even if it does you can exercise and tone up once you get closer to goal.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    30 lbs...no worries at all. I have a bit, but 174 lbs is a lot of weight. Plus, aging doesn't help. A younger person would get tighter quicker. Even now, my skin tightens each year just a little. No worries for you.