Fitbit still not syncing to MFP

Options
13»

Replies

• arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I just joined this group. I have a new FitBit Charge 2 and I can't get it to sync to MFP for the calories either. I tried what daj150 said and it didn't work. ALthough I cannot find where to disconnect MFP from FitBit app at all. After I did steps 1-7, my FitBit app still had my meal calories in it so I'm not sure if it disconnected from the app. Where do I disconnect MFP from FitBit app?
  • Dozer561
    Dozer561 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you revoke access via the fitbit website not the fitbit app, since your telling your FITBIT ACCOUNT to sync/talk to the fitbit app and the MFP app..

just revoking and relinking doesnt automatically change it to select your tracker, as was in my case.

are you all making sure to check that "steps" section under settings is set to make sure your tracker is selected and not "do not track steps"??
  • Dozer561
    Options
    Also on the mfp website HOME/CHECK in where you log your weight is it showing steps there? Mine was showing steps from my Fitbit there but not adjusting calories till I choose the tracker in the app..
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dozer561 wrote: »
    you revoke access via the fitbit website not the fitbit app, since your telling your FITBIT ACCOUNT to sync/talk to the fitbit app and the MFP app..

just revoking and relinking doesnt automatically change it to select your tracker, as was in my case.

are you all making sure to check that "steps" section under settings is set to make sure your tracker is selected and not "do not track steps"??

Good, I did that. I'm getting the fitbit adjustment now on MFP, it's updating it throughout the day. But the exercise I recorded on fitbit this morning is not recording. I'm not sure if that's going to happen later tonight. I guess I'm going to wait until the morning to see if it does.
    edit: Just to make it clear, I mean calories from that exercise, not the exercise itself.
  • Dozer561
    edited January 2017
    Options
    sorry i have no idea if the exercise log carries over to MFP log i wouldn't think it would. But the calorie adjustment u earned on fitbit will carry over if your seeing adjustments now.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I posted this elsewhere, but I finally got the two connected gain, except 2 of the days in which it wasn't syncing still aren't showing my calorie adjustment.
  • Dozer561
    Options
    probably wont ever update past lost/sync data since the fitbit resets at midnight. i use a fitbit ONE, so i dont know if the newer ones keep a "memory" on the device, but i doubt it.
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this info, I've just got mine syncing again!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Having the same issue with my Fitbit Charge. Idk who is supposed to fix it.

Did you read the post right above yours?

Since you don't mention what you have done, impossible for anyone to help you specifically.

You can wait for an announcement from Fitbit or MFP that something is fixed - and likely have to run through the detailed process already given - or you can try it now.
  • gillianwhelan
    gillianwhelan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you! thank you! Been struggling with this for weeks. This solved my issue!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Finally decided to sync them. Yes, I selected the fitbit app in the 'step' section and disconnected/reconnected both a couple times... Still not working.

Really don't feel like uninstalling/reinstalling everything...
  • mhtarsky
    mhtarsky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex2, but I haven't been able to sync it or my old Flex 1 in months. I just tried several of these suggestions and nothing is working. What makes it worse is that I see my calories on the Fitbit app, so I know they're speaking, it's just MFP isn't giving me the extra calories.
  • mhtarsky
    mhtarsky Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all, it worked this morning! I tried a bunch of times last night, waited a bit between attempts and got nothing. However, this morning I have 104 extra calories after run/walking for 30 minutes.

Thank you!
  • Francl27
    Options
    mhtarsky wrote: »
    Thanks to you all, it worked this morning! I tried a bunch of times last night, waited a bit between attempts and got nothing. However, this morning I have 104 extra calories after run/walking for 30 minutes.

Thank you!

Ditto for some reason. I guess it only works the next day? Well, I wanted to start a Monday, so maybe I'll try again on Sunday. Or not. It's just a pain.
  • Dozer561
    Options
    i'm glad its working for those that used my steps posted above, since it is working for others as i posted. for ppl still having issues, did you follow the process i posted above exactly? because mine worked within minutes.

also (if you dont have negative calorie adjustments selected, you wont see adjustments until you've gone above the baseline MFP gives you.)

set your activity level on MFP to sedentary (you can set higher if you know your active, you will just see less of an adjustment)

"Francl27", it takes 5 minutes to revoke access and disconnect and log out of both websites, and uninstall reinstall the apps on the phone.. it's not that much of a pain.

also, do you all have the bluetooth turned on on your phones? are the time zones u set on MFP and FITBIT the same?

do you have all day sync on in settings on the fitbit? (will periodically update.sync throughout day) i have this set to ON
    i have always connected off to save battery.

if you have both off, it will only attempt to sync when you open the app, or manually force sync on your phone.

make sure the MFP steps tracker part match in the phone app and the website. if they don't one can overwrite the others, which is why you have to log out of everything and start from scratch working from websites, then to phone apps. dunno if rebooting phone helped clear a cache in memory or not.

did you youtube how to power cycle your fitbit device, you have to do it while plugged into charger, usually hold a button for like 10 seconds, and it'll show fitbit version number or something....
  • selena13mfp
    selena13mfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this has been happening to me too , very frustrated
  • bkarner
    bkarner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, steps appeared next day by following your process.
  • carolhmack
    carolhmack Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine has done this for the last 3 days. So annoying. Tried all of above too.
  • kkargot
    kkargot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same trouble with MFP and FITBIT not syncing info to each other. I have delete
    both apps reloaded both, and reset my phone iOS. Now, I am getting calories to show in Fitbit app but it is showing my calories for today as the calories for Friday and Thursday as well. MFP app not showing any Exercise adjustment for Thursday or Friday. Very frustrating.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Sync'ed them again and again, not getting any adjustment for today. I guess we'll see tomorrow...