HF YOGURT and COTTAGE CHEESE

Options
snlhaggerty
snlhaggerty Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
Hello all,
I live in Ontario, Canada. I was at grocery store yesterday and didn't see cottage cheese higher than 4 % fat, or HF yogurt for that matter. I was wondering if any fellow Ontarionians could suggest what they buy for cottage cheese and yogurt and where they get it?
Thanks

Replies

• SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You could try adding something like MCT Oil into your cottage cheese/yoghurts and mixing it together to boost the fat level.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder!

I do add a flavoured olive oil now and again because I like the taste. I live in Ontario too and I haven't found any high fat cottage cheese. Yogurt, greek style, most high fat are 4 percent too. There was one but the name escapes me; I will think on this.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder!

I do add a flavoured olive oil now and again because I like the taste. I live in Ontario too and I haven't found any high fat cottage cheese. Yogurt, greek style, most high fat are 4 percent too. There was one but the name escapes me; I will think on this.

Can you buy raw milk or cream in Ontario?
  • keleigh138
    keleigh138 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Astro Balkan style plain yogurt has 6% MF which I really enjoy
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Olympic KREMA is 11% Plain Greek Yogourt. Seriously yummy like cheesecake without anything in it. The only cottage cheese I can find here in BC is Island Farms 4%, but it's pretty darn creamy with lots of well formed curds, not like the other fake-thickened cottage cheeses (Foremost & Dairyland :s ) @snlhaggerty
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    In Alberta I can get Greek Gods brand yogurt, which is also organic and a comparable price point. The plain yogurt is 10% (Costco carries the honey... but too high is carbs). I have never paid attention to cottage cheese, as I only use it in recipes.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    It was Astro Balkan that I was thinking of here in rural Ontario. I have seen KREMA in the city.
  • snlhaggerty
    snlhaggerty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ty all. I know I don't need the fat I just find higher fat typically lower in carbs.