Well, Hi There! I'm New Here.

Options
I'm new to this support group, yet not new to Primal. I like to refer to myself as the Intellectual Grok. ;) All that means is that although I know, and understand, the Primal Blueprint I'm just not so great at applying it all the time. You know, it's the age old story of knowing better but not doing better (which really makes me anything but intellectual).

I started PB back n March 2013 only because my hubby wanted to try it. I was an unwilling participant because, damn it, I LIKED bread! But two or three weeks in to PB I had an "ah-ha" moment......alllll my weird symptoms went away. No more sinusitis, achy arms and hands, bloating, diarrhea, constant post nasal drip, throat clearing and coughing, and no more acne. Long story short, I discovered that I do not tolerate wheat. I have been wheat-free/gluten-free since.

I lost 9 pounds in 6 weeks. It worked! But I never kept it up. I did remain GF and have felt better for it.

So, there ya' go..... That's why I'm here. I need to get back on the wagon. Well, I'm really here, instead of on marksdailyapple forum because the forum on MDA is so frustratingly screwed up it's basically unusable. I hope Mark gets his crap together soon before the crickets start chirping over there.

I should lose 40ish pounds but I'll be happy to start with 20 pounds.

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am currently doing a reset using Sisson's 21-day challenge, just for the fun and energy of a group of people.

It would be so cool to lose the sinusitis. I am thinking it is dairy related as I had been taking heavy cream in my coffee for months. The sinus symptoms kind of crept up on me and I blamed the problem on a new cat.

But I remember my allergies being so much better when I was doing fairly strict Paleo AIP.

I haven't been to the MDA forum in a long time. I found it hard to navigate on my phone. Is the Whole30 forum any better? I've really been enjoying people sharing tips and recipes on the 21 day challenge app.
  • CanadianMissy
    CanadianMissy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I was starting to hear the crickets chirping here! It seems that no one really posts on this group anymore. I would love to see that change! We are a special sort - we Primal/Paleoers.....

The forum....he launched a new forum back in the late summer and it SUCKS! It's been royally screwed up since. I really respect Mark but SIX months of a basically NON-functional forum? Come on!!! He needs to get his people to get it fixed. He's losing members like crazy. And at the beginning of the year you would think it would have been very busy.

About the sinus stuff.....yeah, I used to get a sinus infection EVERY time I got a cold. I haven't had a single infection since cutting wheat out of my diet. My menstrual cramps are also WAY better. It used to be so debilitating I had to take drugs or stay home (yes, it was THAT bad) because the pain was so intense it made me throw up. Since going wheat free I can often get away with zero drugs. Once in a while I might take a quarter of the dose I used to. But at least now it's manageable.

I think I'm going to put up a post reminding peeps of this forum!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    welcome to our little group of PB freaks. You will find here people come and go. I was hard core a few years ago, and now am back, keep up the fight and Grok on
  • homesweeths
    Options
    Well, I'm definitely grain and dairy free right now, and hoping my sinuses will finally clear up. I used to gauge my 80/20 by joint pain (I can eat potatoes once in awhile now, while tomatoes and chili spice are still a problem), but my sinus problems sort of crept up on me. I thought it was the new cat we adopted last March, but I still had problems on a week vacation away from home... somehow the dairy-sinus connection came up in conversation. I'd much rather quit cream and butter than make our kids get rid of their cat.
  • madammariposa
    madammariposa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I too, am lamenting the state of the PB forums. It's unfortunate because the blog is such a great resource, I'd like to be able to talk with people reading the same material. Glad to see another Canadian here too!

• homesweeths
    Options
    Is there a PB Facebook group, by chance?
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just started Primal this week. I've noticed I don't want to nap at my desk and am not completely wiped out by the end of the day. I haven't really craved any sweets either.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    Welcome!

Update on the sinuses--much less sneezing, and I didn't have to take Claritin this morning to function.