Air Fryer vs baking

Options
2»

Replies

• jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 I am able to put mine right in the dishwasher.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I got a GoWiseUSA air fryer for Christmas. Overall I like it. It doesn't really "fry" foods but it does provide different cooking options and tastes. I like to put olive oil on my fish/veggies and cook them in there. They end up crispy and tasty and I can get some "healthy" fats along the way.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @Aztec4Life that sounds awesome - what type of fish do you typically make in there?
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I like salmon and cod (I eat fish at least 3x a week). I find the air fryer keeps in the flavor more than baking. And you don't have to pre-heat it so food cooks a bit quicker than oven.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @Aztec4Life that is really good to know. Will really need to think about getting one. Been contemplating it for a while
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas and I love it. I have tried a couple of things in it and the only thing that didn't really workout was the hamburger. It came out way to dry. Chicken comes out perfect. I love hotwings and they come out very crispy.
  • twokatlover
    twokatlover Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought a Toastmaster air fryer and I like it a lot. I haven't tried a whole lot of stuff in it yet but I did try frozen french fries and they came out nice and crisp. I also tried grilled cheese and it was good once I figured out the timing. That is my thing is just figuring out how much time to use. It is so much easier than an oven, isn't as messy and also doesn't heat up the kitchen. I found a recipe for salmon patties and think I will maybe try them this weekend.
  • Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Buzzfeed did a video on air fryers. :)https://www.buzzfeed.com/anniejeong/can-you-fry-food-with-only-air?utm_term=.mf67exVk7#.qblzXMe5z

It looks interesting, but i'm not sure I want/need another kitchen gadget. (I dont fry anything at home anyways.)