taco bell

Options
Rainqueen77
Rainqueen77 Posts: 116 Member
I don't have all the details, and I know it's crap food (omg I want one).... but I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://www.eater.com/2016/8/4/12382638/taco-bell-fried-chicken-shell

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Rainqueen77

Why not just make it yourself at home? Either fry it with low carb coating or pan fry a breast, and use it to hold your homemade taco stuff? My guy and I were TB ... fanatics in my former carb life, and he hasn't wanted to eat there in going on 3 years because I started making taco meat at home that he swore mine was better, and he'd never eat there again. We still eat at other taco places, but haven't been in to TB in a long while...
  • Rainqueen77
    Options
    I make taco stuff at home at least once a week. This chicken shell looks like too much work for me. And my daughter said she's been craving taco bell. Sitting at work hungry at the moment and that just sounds so freaking good. lol

Actually having a taco type dip for dinner tonight, and I'm out of here in 5 mins!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Too much work and breaded with something you likely don't want to eat and then fried in an oil you would never have in your house.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My first job at 15 was at Taco Bell.

I realize some things on the American fast-food and nutrition landscapes have changed since then, but if I pass within shouting distance of a Taco Bell, the uniquely vile smell of that devil's broth of cheap taco meat, dirty grease, and cleaning fluid that I exuded from every pore for days after any shift still terrorizes my mind's nose.

I'm sure it"s yummy, but no thanks.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I propose a DIY chicken taco bowl.
    Cook taco meat.
    Cook chicken.
    Put all in bowl.
    Add deliciousness like cheese and cheese and sour cream and avocado and cheese.
    Nom it all up!
    Fork optional.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    My first job at 15 was at Taco Bell. I realize some things on the American fast-food and nutrition landscapes have changed since then, but if I pass within shouting distance of a Taco Bell, the uniquely vile smell of that devil's broth of cheap taco meat, dirty grease, and cleaning fluid that I exuded from every pore for days after any shift still terrorizes my mind's nose.

@RalfLott I'm sure my brother feels exactly the same way. He was a fryer back in the day. Fried taco shells all day long......He literally came home dripping in grease and smelled awful! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

I realize some things on the American fast-food and nutrition landscapes have changed since then, but if I pass within shouting distance of a Taco Bell, the uniquely vile smell of that devil's broth of cheap taco meat, dirty grease, and cleaning fluid that I exuded from every pore for days after any shift still terrorizes my mind's nose.

@RalfLott - I worked there as a manager for less than a year when I was 19.... The biggest thing I remember is that the cinnamon twists were just ... FRIED NOODLES. Like for real, as I'm sure you remember. I still ate there for a number of years, and it doesn't turn my nose at the smell, nor does Wendy's - and I worked there 3 years...or On The Border - much less time... I don't remember working any other places like that...but the worst stories I ever heard were about Dairy Queen...*shudders*
  • RalfLott
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    My first job at 15 was at Taco Bell. I realize some things on the American fast-food and nutrition landscapes have changed since then, but if I pass within shouting distance of a Taco Bell, the uniquely vile smell of that devil's broth of cheap taco meat, dirty grease, and cleaning fluid that I exuded from every pore for days after any shift still terrorizes my mind's nose.

@RalfLott I'm sure my brother feels exactly the same way. He was a fryer back in the day. Fried taco shells all day long......He literally came home dripping in grease and smelled awful! :)

Good to know I'm not alone! (There have been times I've wondered whether it was actually my own aroma....)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »

Good to know I'm not alone! (There have been times I've wondered whether it was actually my own aroma....)

@RalfLott - Working the french fry station at Wendy's - or cleaning out the fryers - was exactly the same way!!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@RalfLott - I worked there as a manager for less than a year when I was 19.... The biggest thing I remember is that the cinnamon twists were just ... FRIED NOODLES. Like for real, as I'm sure you remember. I still ate there for a number of years, and it doesn't turn my nose at the smell, nor does Wendy's - and I worked there 3 years...or On The Border - much less time... I don't remember working any other places like that...but the worst stories I ever heard were about Dairy Queen...*shudders*

Tell! <3
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

Tell! <3

Not on a thread where people actually want to eat ever again, thanks! LOL I'd be lynched.
  • Rainqueen77
    Options
    In the 8 months I've eaten food I didn't actually prepared myself maybe 10 times. I was excited for an option that maybe (haven't seen the info yet) didn't require all kinds of different menu changes or special way of ordering with funny looks and all. Then wondering if I even got what I ordered (those fresh cracked Dennys eggs were questionable.) I was kind of excited to order like a normal person.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I was curious enough to look up the nutritional data but couldn't find.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If you want Taco Bell... aim for the Taco Bell Sauce Packet Bikini. Available at their Las Vegas Taco Bell Shop. $45.
    Cxa8uGHUAAAYdWA.jpg

Taco Bell in the U.K. is now selling a quesadilla filled with melted Kit Kats instead of cheese.
    kit-kat-quesadillas-are-now-a-real-thing-lead.jpg?w=600
  • RalfLott
    Options
    OMG. I want both! <3
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

My nephew says the same thing.

I saw the ad and I must admit my first thought was: ooh, interesting! But I doubt I'll ever try it.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Too much work and breaded with something you likely don't want to eat and then fried in an oil you would never have in your house.

Not sure about all that.

I have sewing machine oil in my mom's old sewing kit...
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Lol my husband used to own a Dairy Queen. It's a great place to go for ice cream (if you're a high carber) but it's not a good place to go for non dessert food. That's simply not their specialty and not what the brand is good at.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I always liked the Power bowls from Taco Bell when I was a standard carber. Nothing there suits me now. Except the sauce packets. I put those on my home cooked ground beef; just as good (better). Although that bikini is adorable. The Vegas strip is just a half hour roadtrip for me...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bikini shopping time for you, @williams969!