back on track

Options
maxinecc
maxinecc Posts: 38 Member
Hi, I've not been around for a while but I want to introduce myself I had a gastric bypass in Feb 2007, so just coming up to my 10 year anniversary. I lost just over 180lbs but struggling with a bit of regain due to going 'off plan' over the last few years. I also have been diagnosed with an underactive thyriod which doesn't help. hopefully we can support and encourage each other and you can help me get rid of this extra 35lb. (I say get rid because if you lost something, you are always looking to find it again)

Thanks

Maxine

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had the sleeve surgery in March 2014, lost almost 100lbs and now have some regain I'm trying to get rid of as well! I also have an underactive thyroid, but I've had it for years. It makes me lose the weight slower, but it's not impossible. The support here is amazing!
  • firstqueen
    firstqueen Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi,I'm in the same boat. Although I have a 60 lbs regain to get rid of. I had/have three issues, bipolar depression, hypothyroid, and simply not using my tools. But I'm back on track now. Hope we can support each other.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Every moment in life is a chance to make good decisions. Whatever we weigh now is what it is. Don't ever forget the progress you've made despite any "regain"
  • Lousrockinmfp
    Lousrockinmfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @malouisrockinatmfp Hi! Welcome to the group!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I had RNY in September of 2012 and over the last year have had about a 15 pound gain. My dilemma is that I don't buy the food in my home due to lack of finances (for disability reasons) and the type of food here is definitely not what was purchased in the beginning when I was able to do my own shopping. Also we're trying to support a family of 5 with about $100 of groceries every two weeks. I do exercise and go the gym, keep portions very small, have logged into MFP for well over 1700 days straight, log every meal, but still the gain. It's discouraging. Not giving up, though!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @annwyatt69 - good for you for sticking to it! Sounds like you are in a tough situation - do you get your hands on protein shakes? Some companies (BiPro is one I know) will send samples - just tell them you want to try their product and you are part of a huge WLS community. Good luck!