20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Holy moses that first workout back is a *kitten*! My legs feel like lead. Definitely did a sizeable deload but at least I got through it. Unracking the weight felt easy but I was definitely tired by mid-way through my squats and ready to be done by the first set of rows. Speaking of which, I may try switching to dumbbell rows instead of barbell ones. I never feel like I'm actually able to pinch my shoulder blades together at the top with the barbell, and I kind of hate doing them. Maybe I need to just suck it up, I don't know. Things to ponder. Anyhoo, for today:

Squats 2x5 at 85 to get my sea legs, 5x5 @ 100
    Benchpress 5x5 @ 55
    Dumbbell rows 5x5 @ 50 (25 lb each hand, alternating grips) just to try it out.

My husband and toddler are now sick, which means no one is sleeping at night. For still being less than 100% and sleep-deprived, I feel all right about these numbers.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Great Job Amy. Just listen to your body so you don't get injured. You ladies are very strong.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Great Job Amy. Just listen to your body so you don't get injured. You ladies are very strong.

I've sucked at following that advice in the past, but definitely following it now. I have time available to go back in tomorrow but I'm going to take a day and go back Friday. I'm not about to push too hard and hurt myself or push this sinus thing to hang around any longer than necessary. Hope you feel better soon too!
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You ladies are rocking it!
    SL 5x5 today
    Warmup plus
    Squat 115 (I'll probably stay here for a bit)
    Bench 75
    Row 80
    Walked some hills for 3 miles and did some HIIT

Glad to still be pushing it!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fun= every *kitten* that pops up I go thru all the "bad" words I know and really random ones to see how they all play out. MFP madlibs. !!!

Everyone seems to be having fun and making progress (even little bits) - hiphiphooray!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    @amyinthetardis1231 I also hate rows and skipped my last two sets. My gym is at home, and I only have regular plates, so with the 45# bar...I cant get the bar high enough to make sense for me. Ive tried putting the bar on plates to lift it, but its still not high enough and then its so wobbly on the stack. And yes, my 45# bar had 2.5# weights on it, sitting on a stack of plates. I look ridiculous.

But, I skipped lunch yesterday because I wasnt hungry, and didnt eat until after I workedout. Maybe why I skipped the last 2 row sets ;)

Anyway
    Squats 5x5 @55
    BP 5x5 @50
    Row 5x3 @50
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6x5x30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 36x7x30

40lbs loss by May 27th
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4X 10
    Sit ups-4x10
    Jumping jacks-4X 10
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    A little sore from Tuesday, did some goblet squats. Love how these make the adductors feel more solid and supportive. @fanncy0626 - inspiration on those.

Strong lifts
    Squats: 36 all the way!
    Ohp: 20 all the way!
    Deadlift: 70 again, 5x3 this time.

Small increases. :).

Doing some prep work on pull-ups goal.... So hard. Grrrr.

Lost one pound....guess that's alright.

Hitting protein goals consistently! For a lover of pasta and chocolate I feel like this is really good! It has always been a little struggle.

Working hard for the next two days so that will throw off my next workout to Sunday. Oh well. Still a good week overall.

Happy aloha Friday for tomorrow! And happier training all!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Klove- thanks! I agree that the GobletSquats are what has helped me to stretch out and I have improved my back squat form since doing them.
  • rachel5576
    Options
    Nice job Klove!
  • rachel5576
    Options
    I'm inspired to try this goblet squat out. Inspiring Fanccy!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Good morning! I just want to say it is great to work out with everyone! I can feel that my strength is increasing. My weight is still fluctuating up and down. Thankfully more on the downside and so far since the beginning I have lost 3.4 pounds. I am trying to go keto in a couple of weeks. That really is a Fat cutter!

Stronglift Workout A
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BP-1X5X 45/55, 5X5X 65
    BR-5X5X 85
    Everything felt really good today. The barbell row for next time I will keep it at the same weight to make sure my form is good before I move on.

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-19 X7X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4x10
    Sit ups-4X 10
    Jumping jacks-4x10
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Love reading everyone's awesome stats. I am proud to have made it through 2 weeks of strength training in spite of not feeling so well. I anticipate feeling normal next week.
    It's a little depressing to wear all of these overly big sweaters. Can't wait until I small enough to wear my cute clothes again.

Week 2 Workout 3
    Deadlifts
    88 lb 4 × 6

Shoulder Press
    38 lb 4 × 6

Inverted Rows
    4 x 6 reps (slot 5 from the top)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and remember your goals.
    Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Fanncy, I kid you not that I feel inspired every time I read 40lbs loss by May 27th. It reminds me to stay the course no matter what. Even when the scale is jumping around.

I had a great loss also but I've told myself that only this week and going forward are my TRUE fat losses so I am hoping and wishing and praying for a loss by the end of the week.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree- you have done so well with feeling as bad as you do! You will be in your cute clothes very soon! I can hardly wait to go shopping in May!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Day two of being back to the gym. Still sick, still a bit sleep-deprived, but chugging my way through the days til I'm back to 100%. Today was:

Squats 5x5 @ 105
    OHP 5x5 @ 52 (did them seated since squat rack was in high demand. So much easier seated!)
    Deadlift 1x6 @ 105. I think I did an extra one bc I wasn't paying attention to my counting.

I haven't weighed in recently but I think I'm basically down all my water weight from the holidays. Don't know that I've lost anything else, but hard to say with sickness and shark week at the same time.
  • rachel5576
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Great job everyone!
    I feel like it took me all day to get my workout done. I had to break it up into sections.
    SL5x5 warm ups plus
    Squats 115
    OHP 60(boy that was tough)
    Deadlift 160 (I'll probably sit here for a bit)

I also did a barre workout, planks, push ups, kettle bells swings, some HIIT intervals and walked ran 5 miles total. I did all that so I can have a rest day tomorrow! Excited to rest! I need it. Tomorrow is also date night with my husband and we are going out to eat. I also have a brunch thing with a friend. So I am definitely going to be tempted but I have a plan and I'm going to stick with it and still enjoy myself.

I'm down 5.2 pounds so far!!!! (I'm sure some is water weight but who cares) I'd like to keep my progress going! Thankful for this group! ❤
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Rachel- you are doing fantastic!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3x5x30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 19x7x30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4x10
    Sit-ups- 4x10
    Jumping jacks- 4x10
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    Actually got on the scale today. Down 6 lb since Christmas so I've lost the holiday water weight. Less than a lb to be back to my previous holiday weight!