20 Weeks of Strength Building - Team Finish_No_Matter_What

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kirstie- I definitely think you should stay here with us! We all have gone through injuries that have derailed us from lifting. Together we can support each other through our rough times.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Kirstie, I hate that you are having such a hard time with the injury. Now, I want you to really think about what I am about to type next. Please, please do not drop out of the group. That is the bad angel on the left shoulder talking -- she knows deep down that if you drop out that you might have an even bigger set back. What I suggest you consider instead is to think about what you CAN feasibly do for the next few weeks that will at least be better than nothing. For example, your massages, your eating plan, maybe 20 minute leisure walk each day, and just maybe upper body dumbbell weights. In other words, make an alternate plan to continue making progress even if the progress is slower. Believe me that you will not be happy with yourself when May gets here and you are thinking to yourself could've, would've, should've. Don't let the bad angel win -- you got this. Just make a plan that's doable for your current situation and that will still produce SOME results.

Go Kirstie AND Team finish_no_matter_what!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Kirstie, I hate that you are having such a hard time with the injury. Now, I want you to really think about what I am about to type next. Please, please do not drop out of the group. That is the bad angel on the left shoulder talking -- she knows deep down that if you drop out that you might have an even bigger set back. What I suggest you consider instead is to think about what you CAN feasibly do for the next few weeks that will at least be better than nothing. For example, your massages, your eating plan, maybe 20 minute leisure walk each day, and just maybe upper body dumbbell weights. In other words, make an alternate plan to continue making progress even if the progress is slower. Believe me that you will not be happy with yourself when May gets here and you are thinking to yourself could've, would've, should've. Don't let the bad angel win -- you got this. Just make a plan that's doable for your current situation and that will still produce SOME results.

Go Kirstie AND Team finish_no_matter_what!

^^^WSS. Stay in the group. Most of us have had setbacks at some point, so you're in good company. Hang in and do what you can, you'll be back to lifting when you're healed.

@DDHFree: Yes, shark week = TOM (shark brains look like female reproductive system). I have PCOS so mine are pretty awful even when they're regular. I also never took that day off last week so I'm taking it off this week. I walked my kiddo to the park this morning, which is a mile of hills each way, so at least I did something. I appreciate the encouragement!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    :) Thanks for the kind words ladies. I really appreciate it. I made a doctors appointment for tomorrow morning to have them take a look, though I imagine I will jsut be prescribed muscle relaxers. Between the doctor, massage and chiropractor, with stretching, taking it easy and Epsom salt baths and magnesium oil rubs....something has to work right?!?!? : :s

This past weekend I ate lots of sugar and carbs and ended up feeling sick all week with stomach issues and bloat-Im happy to say it appears that is behind me now. At least the scale is moving in the right direction! I am still losing weight, and weighted in at a new low today! I am hoping to see 187 by the end of March, and if my leg allows me I will start walking soon.

Checking in:
    Plan: SL5x5
    Start Date: 1/1/2017 {204#}
    End Date: 05/21/2017 {179#}
    Goals:
    1. lose 25# of fat {191.8#: down 12.2#}
    2. stick to a low carb diet {check!}
    3. Follow hunger cues, and only eat when hungry {doing pretty well}
    4. Improve mobility and be rid of the pain in my leg {spiraling out of control here :( }
    5. Strengthen my back and hips (injury prevention) {Nope!}
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-17X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    2 mile walk today!

I lost another 0.2 lbs yesterday! I will be MIA until Sunday! Of course, I am taking my Kettlebell! I am going to an away basketball tournament for Grandson. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I lost another 0.2 lbs yesterday! I will be MIA until Sunday! Of course, I am taking my Kettlebell! I am going to an away basketball tournament for Grandson. Have a great weekend everyone!
    Congrats Mary and have a wonderful weekend!

• DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 10 Workout: 3

All exercise 3 x 12 with 30 secs rest.
    • Kettle bell Goblet Squat
    • DB Press
    • DB Bent over row
    • DB Upright Row
    • DB Alt Hammer Curl
    • Barbell Tricep Extension

Have a great weekend everyone! Only 2 more weeks before our next results week. Let's stay focused.

Go
    Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a day off today. I never took my planned rest day last week, so taking one now. It would be such a good gym day since it's snowing and will probably be dead, but I think my body wants a rest. Back at it Monday!
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-34X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Very short walk again today! 30 minutes on hotel treadmill!

I was excited to see a 0.8 lb loss!

• fanncy0626
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-34X 10 X 30

Very short walk again today! 30 minutes on hotel treadmill!

I was excited to see a 0.6 lb loss! Yes, I brought my scale with me!

• fanncy0626
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X95/105/115/120

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 18X10X30

Walk daily! Still extremely cold so a short 2 mile walk today!

My keto diet has been going awesome! I lost another 0.8 lbs this morning!

Sorry for the double post yesterday I couldn't subtract correctly :s
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 11 Workout: 1

All exercise 3 x 12 with 30 secs rest.
    Kettle bell Goblet Squat
    DB Press
    DB Bent over row
    DB Upright Row
    DB Alt Hammer Curl
    Barbell Tricep Extension

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • DDHFree
    Options

My keto diet has been going awesome! I lost another 0.8 lbs this morning! :s
    Great Job Mary! You are going to have another awesome total loss for this 4 weeks. I can't wait to see your results. Keep going girl!
  • fanncy0626
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-36X 10 X 30

It's going to get to 20°F today! I am going to take two 2 mile walks today! Heading out for my first one right now! It's a very chilly 3°F but I will dress really warm.

I dropped another 1 pound yesterday! That is a total of 2.4 pounds in three days. And, I'm eating very well! The keto diet really melts the fat off of me!

I have officially lost over the 19 pounds that I gained due to my shoulder injury in October. It took 12 1/2 weeks to put on and 10 1/2 weeks to take off! I am now at my maintenance weight from that time. I am in the process of continuing on with the cut to eliminate a layer of fat.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Checking in:
    Plan: SL5x5 Healing
    Start Date: 1/1/2017 {204#}
    End Date: 05/21/2017 {179#}
    Goals:
    1. lose 25# of fat {191.0#: down 13#} So excited about my progress here!!!!! More than halfway to goal as of this morning!!!! :D
    2. stick to a low carb diet {check!}
    3. Follow hunger cues, and only eat when hungry {every week this gets better}
    4. Improve mobility and be rid of the pain in my leg {focusing on this}
    5. Strengthen my back and hips (injury prevention) {just taking it easy here}

Keep up the great work ladies!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kirstie - congratulations on your weight-loss! Great plan for healing and getting yourself back to good health!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Alright Kirstie! Congrats and keep up the great job! Love seeing all the celebratory posts on a Monday morning.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Is anyone here doing low carb? My doctor's new recommendation is as follows:

"Discussed with pt BMI. Pt advised to execise daily and to limit desserts, juices, soda, bread and carbohydrates"

To be honest, soda I can avoid without any hesitation. I don't really like pop or drink it that often. BUT CARBS? I love pasta, bread, potatoes, desserts, etc.

How do you do it? Any recommendations/tips?
  • fanncy0626
    Options

"Discussed with pt BMI. Pt advised to execise daily and to limit desserts, juices, soda, bread and carbohydrates"

To be honest, soda I can avoid without any hesitation. I don't really like pop or drink it that often. BUT CARBS? I love pasta, bread, potatoes, desserts, etc.

I went keto on February 5 and have had great success since then. I love to eat meat fish dairy butter bacon eggs cheese! I have the old thread that I started for prepping to go on keto with all sorts of information and advice from people that have been on keto for a while. If you want message me and I will send you that link.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

I went keto on February 5 and have had great success since then. I love to eat meat fish dairy butter bacon eggs cheese! I have the old thread that I started for prepping to go on keto with all sorts of information and advice from people that have been on keto for a while. If you want message me and I will send you that link.

Sending PM now - thanks!